What's new

Button sticking on Heavy Hitter

AquaticGnu

Postman
Has anyone else had the same issue? Often when I press the button it will get stuck, sometimes continuously firing, sometimes it releases enough so it stops firing, but remains stuck.

Your post got me curious about what kind of button design it was...

I watched Jai's video, he doesn't like the button but didn't seem to have sticking issues once the battery was in.... just thought it was a bit crunchy.

Not sure if there's anything in the video that can help but I'll post it anyway. The only thing I can think of is that his RDA had a longer pin than yours, which moved the battery down in the tube a little, which in turn made the button have less throw, so stopped it getting stuck.

Still waiting on mine arriving from China. Have you stripped the switch down and cleaned it?

Your post got me curious about what kind of button design it was...

I watched Jai's video, he doesn't like the button but didn't seem to have sticking issues once the battery was in.... just thought it was a bit crunchy.

Not sure if there's anything in the video that can help but I'll post it anyway. The only thing I can think of is that his RDA had a longer pin than yours, which moved the battery down in the tube a little, which in turn made the button have less throw, so stopped it getting stuck.

Ill give it a watch mate. The button is quite crunch, I’ve taken the button apart and the only cause I could think of is the locking mechanism getting in the way. I’m using the Asgard Mini, I’ll try an rda with a longer pin. Would battery size affect it?

Ill give it a watch mate. The button is quite crunch, I’ve taken the button apart and the only cause I could think of is the locking mechanism getting in the way. I’m using the Asgard Mini, I’ll try an rda with a longer pin. Would battery size affect it?

Honestly mate, I have no idea... I'm not really a mech guy and I've never used one with this type of button. Watch that video that John posted, it might just been that something isn't tight inside the button.

Honestly mate, I have no idea... I'm not really a mech guy and I've never used one with this type of button. Watch that video that John posted, it might just been that something isn't tight inside the button.

looks like that’s the problem, I’m gonna take it apart again later on tonight. Thanks for the help

looks like that’s the problem, I’m gonna take it apart again later on tonight. Thanks for the help

Cool, good luck .... it looks like a nice mod, insulation inside the tube, safety vents at the top, quick release button... the last mech I used had nothing like that.

You should always strip down your mechs to understand them, whether it needs it or not.

Back
Top Bottom