What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Building on a Battle Deck

Gaheris

Initiate
So my beauty turned up today

IMG_4610_zpsyvqvq2iz.jpg

And when it came to coiling it up I have been using Fused Claptons (0.45 Ohm) however when I cut them down, place on my ohm meter they come out at 0.56? Surely they would have been halved or am i wrong by the fact there is only one negative terminal?

The fact there is only one positive terminal makes no difference, the ohms of a single coil should be halved with dual coils.

Have the coils been bedded in properly, and are you sure the 0.45 ohm rating is for a single coil rather than the pair?

The fact there is only one positive terminal makes no difference, the ohms of a single coil should be halved with dual coils.

Have the coils been bedded in properly, and are you sure the 0.45 ohm rating is for a single coil rather than the pair?

I only tried to rack it up on my lunch break so I am going to take apart and rebuild to see if i missed something. Does it matter if the coils arent dead centre and opposite eachother?

The coils should be directly in front of the airflow, wherever that is.
Doubt you will get the vape you expect from claptons on a tube mech, because of the ramp up time for all of that metal.
Simple coils are probably better.

The questions you should be asking are
How much wattage do I want from my build?
Can I get that wattage safely from the battery I am using?

Then build a simple coil or coils to get what you want.
Check on your meter for shorts and that the coils have a safe resistance.
Every time you adjust the coil check it on the meter again.
Make sure screws are tight after putting the build in and again before puting it on your mech.

Expect it to take some experimenting to get what you want.

Edit One final thought- if you do not know how to do any of the above IMO- you should not be using a mech till you understand what you are doing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom