What's new

Build for first mech

lewisg2

Postman
Hi Everyone,

Thinking about buying a Tugboat V2.5 Mech mod.
I always make the same build 24AWG SS 7 wraps 2.5mm diameter, reads 0.17ohms. I have LG HG2 20A battery.
If I use this build on a Mech mod is it safe?

I've always used regulated mods, I tend to like sub ohm builds around 0.15 - 0.19 with the wattage around 60w and voltage output around 3.5v.

I guess my question is what's the safe zone with Mech mods?

It's great that you're asking these kind of questions before buying the mech.

Plenty of info in this section to read up on and keep yourself safe.

Hi everyone,
Been trying to do some research on ohms law, feel like I'm back in school doing maths exams lol.

Am I right in thinking it's all about what resistance coil you make and the amp capacity of your battery?

I'm going to increase the resistance of my build to 0.22 ohms or higher,
So with a fully charged cell 4.2v ÷ 0.22 = 19.09 amps,
Safe zone to vape if my battery has 20 amp capacity?

Am I on the right track here guy's??

Yup...

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 8.10.48 pm.png

Yeah so if I bought a Sony VTC5A Battery 25amp,

I could do my usual build 0.17 ohms,

4.20 ÷ 0.17 = 24.7 amps

Within the safe zone of the battery

Think I've got it :2thumbsup:

Yes your spot on buddy. Keep on it like that and make sure your batteries and wraps are in perfect condition then you should have no problems with mechs at all. Just check and double check when your building for a mech and always test fire it on a regulated mod or ohms reader with fire function to make sure there is no shorts

The other thing you might want to consider is sticking two cells in parallel and split the load. Imax at 4.2V would be 28A with 0.15R coils, so 14A per cell. Gives you more scope on battery choice and you could get away with higher capacity cells with a lower continuous current rating,

Back
Top Bottom