What's new

Brasso, Autosol, Peek polish etc.

I wouldn't polish the inside of any RDA mate not sure if it is safe to use one that has gone black inside but iam sure some one would be able to help may be you should start a new post to find out mate.

Yeah that's what i was thinking mate, i think its just heavy patina. Nah its no bother it'll probably just go in the bin tbh and I'll stick to stainless & black attys in the future.

I only have the one "polishable" atty, a brass Kennedy i got with the Vindicator clone, the inside of the cap has literally gone black which has put me off using it and dont fancy polishing the inside :(

i have dont need hardly any on the cloth then give it a good wash out in warm soapy water

If the inside of one of my rda's was black I'd be cleaning it with some peek, wash it after with some hot soapy water and get into it with an old soft toothbrush, if the thought of vaping peek panics you, bung it into some Milton for fifteen minutes and put it in perspective, it's not something you'll do regularly.

If the inside of one of my rda's was black I'd be cleaning it with some peek, wash it after with some hot soapy water and get into it with an old soft toothbrush, if the thought of vaping peek panics you, bung it into some Milton for fifteen minutes and put it in perspective, it's not something you'll do regularly.

Thanks for the advice John, I'll give that a go rather than dumping it. Suprised me a bit how it tarnished so quickly lol probably not the best quality of brass in the clones which require more maintenance than an authentic im guessing.

Again thanks for help its much appreciated :)

@oldhippydude you've been quiet bud, life treating you well? :D

All well at my end. I pop in most days, Just do not always have anything to say.

My answer above was actually a serious response.

I know some of you seem to positively enjoy polishing your brass and copper mechs.
I was picking up a lack of enthusiasm by @JackyLFC and proposing a solution.

When I started on mechs I thought I wanted brass, I soon realised I did not want it enough to put up with the constant cleaning.

Sweet I'll give that a go later, nice one :)

I only have the one "polishable" atty, a brass Kennedy i got with the Vindicator clone, the inside of the cap has literally gone black which has put me off using it and dont fancy polishing the inside :(
Try using Surgical spirit or rubbing alcohol. That's. What I use. But you can use polish, and elbow grease. Then clean with alcohol. After that wipe a, very, thin layer of our VG all over the inside. You should find, all other things being equal, that a simple wipe, wash and clean, keeps it spotless after that. Just remember to give it a clean if you don't intend to use it for some time..

I know this goes back a bit. But I'd forgotten which thread it was on. Only just found it, again, today.

Back
Top Bottom