What's new

Boring out a 20700 mech to fit 30T's

Rordog17

Postman
Has anyone tried boring out a 20700 tube to fit 21700's. Im thinking of buying a clone to try it out but wonder if anyone else has had tried it. I guess there would be slightly more voltage drop being a thinner tube but negligible looking at mooches charts. Shouldn't be a problem with a hybrid connection & replacing the contact for silver right?

Why not just get a mech that takes 21700's?

You'll need some heavy duty equipment to bore out a tube accurately, making sure you bore it out all the way to the end (if a closed hybrid top) or making sure to avoid damaging the threads for the switch/hybrid cap either with the boring itself or the swarf.

you check the larger vendors for a THC Tuaren, i got one of these not long after Mike Vapes posted a review of it, it happily takes 18650/20700/21700 batteries
I currently run it with some Vapecell 30t with my Wotofo Bravo sat on top and ohmed out to 0.11 ohms.
Out of all the mech tubes i own ( budget versions) this has to have the best switch as it seems to hit everytime without fail.

you check the larger vendors for a THC Tuaren, i got one of these not long after Mike Vapes posted a review of it, it happily takes 18650/20700/21700 batteries
I currently run it with some Vapecell 30t with my Wotofo Bravo sat on top and ohmed out to 0.11 ohms.
Out of all the mech tubes i own ( budget versions) this has to have the best switch as it seems to hit everytime without fail.
THC Tauren 100% got mine from vaping101 really cheap and great service

I've just got one in copper actually. My 30T arrived yesterday but I'm still waiting on a charger from fastech. Would be an understatement to say I'm looking forward to that landing.

Back
Top Bottom