What's new

billet box spares

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
im not having a good time with the billet

Barry is really hovering over it

I have replaced the board and now find 2 things

one the fire button is dead checked with a multimeter and the up and down button when connected (3 wire type sxk) it just pegs down to 1w every time I wired it to up and down and used one negative minus on the board for the ground

pointers please as I'm in a proper bad mood and if this was a mod I made it would be travelling at 30mph towards a brick wall

but the board is a dna 60 watt the buttons on the board work fine it these shit switches that are a pain

@vapesmarter and I have been chatting via PMs

Just for reference:

Fire and Wattage switches are RS parts numbers 758-2051 and 125-0189

When I wire the SXK wattage boards I normally connect the up/down to the outer pads on the DNA board, the inner pads are common. Not sure if they're to ground - never investigated
IMG_20190703_171124.jpg

Yep the up and down shared a negative but which is which is not the colours I have got them the wrong way round

post edited by Stu

Last edited:
Well, if you hate them so much it might be better to stop pouring scorn on another manufacturer in the section that is dedicated to their particular product :12:
You personally might not like their products, which is your prerogative, but there are many here who do appreciate Billet Boxes and their quirkinesses.

Yep the up and down shared a negative but which is which is not the colours I have got them the wrong way round

I made a couple of calls and...

“I’ve got a billet and it’s doing this”

Lots of laughter

“Yep me too hateful things lovely to look at but under the hood oh Christ like the TVR of the mod world”

And

“My advice is kill it with fire then rebuild it I breathed on my switch and it kicks its little feet up in the air and died the fucker”

So I’ve got to solder a new pad on the switch I’m not sure why I’m even doing this as I vape mesh fully open like a train

‘Sigh’

My advice........get a real one, don't look under the hood or fk about with the buttons/plates n screws n shit...everything works just fine as they come....I have been using em since Rev 3 days, so far so good:)

Well, if you hate them so much it might be better to stop pouring scorn on another manufacturer in the section that is dedicated to their particular product :12:
You personally might not like their products, which is your prerogative, but there are many here who do appreciate Billet Boxes and their quirkinesses.

I think that’s quite harsh statement I’m surprised

I making lots of things for them and investing money in them A lot more than buying a billet in fact a lot more than buying 3 billets my comment was light hearted I’m sorry you consider it not

My advice........get a real one, don't look under the hood or fk about with the buttons/plates n screws n shit...everything works just fine as they come....I have been using em since Rev 3 days, so far so good:)

Indeed I think I will I can see the difference between them when I borrowed the original I loved the whole package I could see the price tag and it was worth it

Back
Top Bottom