What's new

Best ohm to use in a series mech mod

John911

Hi I have got a series mech mod understand all the battery safety but the ohms is a little bit confusing what ohm can I use that'll be safe to use

18650 vtc5a or vtc5d , less capacity but hit well samsung 20s
21700, 30t
would advise to stay above 0.4 to start out

You didn’t say what mod you’re using? Personally I use only vtc5a’s and only use @Smut coils for my builds as they are extremely well made. Have a word with him and he’ll do you some awesome coils for your setup. If not DO NOT go below 0.4 for safety and there really is no point[emoji106]

not a fan of chunky coils in a mech single spaced or thin fancy ones i stay well clear of the clapton ones
scratch that i do have a clapton in and take ages to heat up and flavour is pants
all i have been using for a while is ss wire or premades

have been using Samsung 25r but they don't last to long

ohms usually too low for me but i run my mods up at 100w+ i need that heat lol o.2-.3 there abouts all single coil tube mech

squonk mech i vape different ohms higher around .5 .4 single coil

No series here #sorry

Last edited:
Also depends how many cells are in series...

I'm going to be mean now - if you find "ohms" confusing then you really should reconsider whether a mech is for you in the first place (and default to "no, it's not").

I'm all for experimentation, but there absolutely must be understanding behind it.

In all honesty I really don't care if you end up on the news with a melted face - but if you do it'll make the rest of us look bad too.

Not one to remember to put all the details I want in one post...

understand all the battery safety

No, you don't understand it. Here's why I say that:

the ohms is a little bit confusing what ohm can I use that'll be safe

The entire premise of "battery safety" is based on ohm's law.

If you don't understand that, you don't understand battery safety.

Go for a 32/26g kanthal clapton wire, give it 5 wraps with a 3mm ID & with two of those combined you should get around .42 ohms, there's a good starting point on a series & good luck

Back
Top Bottom