What's new

Best 18650 battery for Asmodus Luna

Dtpumbationz

Postman
Currently have a Pulse 80w with Basic RDA and have ordered my first unregulated mod and just wondering what your battery recommendations would be for this or any device like this? I know the Sony VTC5 is very popular...

The Asmodus Luna isn't a mech, it's unregulated so performs as a mech would, but has a chip with various protections built in ;)

@stevoknevo Yes its unregulated and not a mech. Would this difference have any impact on type of battery? Fairly new to the unregulated/mech world

@stevoknevo Yes its unregulated and not a mech. Would this difference have any impact on type of battery? Fairly new to the unregulated/mech world
The cells suggested will do you perfectly :) It works like a mech in that the vape output will reduce as the power in your battery does. Asmodus claim an 80w maximum output for this device with a fully charged cell (4.2v) and battery cut-off on the chip is 3.3v; theoretically a 0.22 ohm build will hit the 80w max of the mod bang on, but will be putting out 49.5w at the 3.3v cutoff point - that's a 30w spread from fresh to discharged battery at that resistance, but in use you'll likely change out the battery at roughly 3.6v (give or take) which is a 20w drop over the life of the battery (again, at that resistance of 0.22ohm)

Really depends on how you vape and the resistance used to determine the vape that suits you over the life of a battery? On mech/unregulated, once I determine roughly what the right build is for the atty/way I like to vape, I build a wee bit lower so it's a wee bit feisty on a fresh battery, but settles in to the vape I'm after after the battery depletes a bit - I find this suits me and I get a bit more out of the battery life generally. But it holds true for mechs/unregulated that you need to build to suit the atty/mod/battery you are using to get the vape you like, there's no up and down buttons to get to the sweet spot you like! Just trial and testing, but it's a great sense of achievement when you dial a build in to exactly the way you like it :) Have fun!

Very well explained @stevoknevo
And @Dtpumbationz it will be best to use a wire with fast ramp up time for your build to get the best vaping experience from this mod, so stainless steel or nichrome, not kanthal...

Back
Top Bottom