What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Bantam Box Bare Bones - pre polish

So I lasted all of an hour before I stripped down my new Batman - I can't get the positive pin plug out, not sure if it's bonded in or a very tight press fit.

It was a little fiddly to come apart and dropped the fire button under my oven which took me 20 minutes of cussing to recover it along with all the grot that accumulates under there :12:

Going to have to unsolder 2 negative wires so the board and fire switch comes off.

Quite impresses with the insides, the main wires are pretty rigid so I suspect they are solid wire, I'm just praying the shell is the same metal as the Billet Box, if it's monkey metal I'm going to regret polishing it.

Bantam-Bare-1.jpg
Bantam-Bare-2.jpg

I’ve just stripped a Therion I got from the classies and its come up lovely, the coating was thick so I resorted to paint stripper that shifted it no bother, then 3/5/7000 wet and dry then a good buff almost looks like chrome, just waiting for a Zapwrap for the battery cover and I’ll put a pic up.

Just finished, that job was EPIC, not sure I would have started it had I known, the metal is not as good as the Billet Box so took a lot of work to get to a flat surface before polishing, then made a few silly mistakes putting it back together, worst one was the +/- buttons I forgot to put back and had to strip it again, they are a bitch to put back in!

But chuffed with the end result and sat down to enjoy vaping on it :)

Bantam-Polished-1.jpg
BBBB.jpg

I’ve just stripped a Therion I got from the classies and its come up lovely, the coating was thick so I resorted to paint stripper that shifted it no bother, then 3/5/7000 wet and dry then a good buff almost looks like chrome, just waiting for a Zapwrap for the battery cover and I’ll put a pic up.
My Therions are in mint condition but I do like the sound of polished chassis, I assume you have to remove the existing battery cover adhesive pattern before zapwrapping it? do they provide the side bits too?

I bought the Therion with a revamp in mind it was a bit rough but I’ve had one before so know they’re easy to disassemble. The battery cover was a well worn greyish ostrich disaster and yes it does need to be removed to apply the wrap, my side infill panels are the wooden ones, I’ve flatted them off and going to spray them matt black then wrap them. The zapwrap kit includes battery cover, infill covers and a piece that covers all of the C frame.
Your Bantam looks cracking by the way Simon, brave effort taking the wet and dry to brand new kit.

Last edited:
No wet & dry used, a bench grinder with a coarse polishing wheel for the main work then a series of graded cutting compounds on polishing wheels with a drill.

I bought the Therion with a revamp in mind it was a bit rough but I’ve had one before so know they’re easy to disassemble. The battery cover was a well worn greyish ostrich disaster and yes it does need to be removed to apply the wrap, my side infill panels are the wooden ones, I’ve flatted them off and going to spray them matt black then wrap them. The zapwrap kit includes battery cover, infill covers and a piece that covers all of the C frame.
Your Bantam looks cracking by the way Simon, brave effort taking the wet and dry to brand new kit.
Looking forward to seeing the end result Andy :)
I actually have a Therion with a dead board I might practice on.

Balls up a bit with pics I’ve got the after in front of the before, anyway I’m pretty happy with the results except the battery cover, I chose a brushed alloy one and wasn’t keen so I’ve put some leather over it for now I prefer the well used look so I never intended on a brand new result.
What do you think @Vapaneezer Scrooge

Back
Top Bottom