What's new

AV stormtrooper

Puffed Daddy

Achiever
Hi.

I've been asked by a friend or fellow vaper, if I'd be interested in selling my AV Able stormtrooper mech.

Trouble is, I've no clue how much to ask?

I bought it about 4 years ago, from a guy in a vape store when I was away for a weekend, & can't for the life of me remember how much I paid back then.

Online, there is only one I've seen, other than clones, and it's £185?

It's clean, and works fine, hits hard for an 18650.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Photos

Attachments

• IMG20210519165720~2.jpg
    IMG20210519165720~2.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG20210519165706~3.jpg
    IMG20210519165706~3.jpg
    658.6 KB · Views: 84
It's worth exactly what the buyer is willing to pay. Saying that, I always apply the principle that 2nd hand should be half current retail value, but then again I'm tight and I wouldn't even pay that for an 18650 mech tbh.

Indeed, £92.50 for an 18650 mech sounds crazy. Having said that, I know someone who paid £100 for an early Kennedy Roundhouse, so as you rightly say, it's what they are prepared to pay I guess.

How much do you actually want for it, you must have an idea?
Hi mate. Tbh, I've not got a clue. I've had a couple of other vapers I know who have said figures, but opposite ends of the spectrum.
I'm not greedy, far from it, having said that, not gonna say £20 then find out they have sold for a lot more.

Hi mate. Tbh, I've not got a clue. I've had a couple of other vapers I know who have said figures, but opposite ends of the spectrum.
I'm not greedy, far from it, having said that, not gonna say £20 then find out they have sold for a lot more.

No gut feeling on price, prior to looking online or other people's suggestions, that's tricky then :hmm: Think of a price you would be happy with, go with it, or don't bother selling. I've done the cant be bothered to sell bit, more than once, that was a facebook thing though, back in the day, wankers were everywhere.

No gut feeling on price, prior to looking online or other people's suggestions, that's tricky then :hmm: Think of a price you would be happy with, go with it, or don't bother selling. I've done the cant be bothered to sell bit, more than once, that was a facebook thing though, back in the day, wankers were everywhere.
It's fine, I'm not that worried about selling it either way tbh. I've used it a few times, in rotation, and it's s great little mod.
It was just the way he jumped in on a conversation I was having and seemed over eager to see it. Made me wonder if there's a market for older mods ?

Friend of mine sold an old racing bike that was in his dad's shed, for £20.00 then found out a few weeks later, it was an 80s classic, quite rare, & worth a grand or more!! :18:

d5b1e00252ca2f8949f44b5ae526a08e.jpg

I have a blue one, someone sent me, years ago, as a thank you, no idea if it's a clone or authentic, bloody good whatever. I should get back into mechs, it's just easier, not to :18:

It was just the way he jumped in on a conversation I was having and seemed over eager to see it. Made me wonder if there's a market for older mods ?
Absolutely there is.

I've seen an exact replica of my one, a clone stormtrooper, and to be honest, looks wise, it's not much different.
It's only when you start to disassemble it, you can see the difference in quality of build & finish.

Since posting my original message, the fella who wants it has messaged me & offered me £70.00! Which I've accepted. I won't miss it, and the £70 will go well towards my HoG XL!!

Back
Top Bottom