What's new

Atmistique Classic Bridge with artery pal2 coils

MiscoDatt

Veteran
7CAAB5A0-484E-44EA-AF5F-5D11A6A97D0B.jpeg 748582DD-D6A1-4C99-8F57-65B17AD89A6B.jpeg 9434F51C-B22A-4C95-88E6-272EC56C2F4C.jpeg

I’ve seen on FB a few posts mentioning the classic bridge will work with the pal2 coils. As I quite enjoy the .6 coils in the pal2 this piqued my interest. When I saw some classics were back in stock at atmistique I had to give it a whirl.
This morning my parcel from Greece arrived and so I got to work.

The bridge fits the standard boro. The coil fits the base section of the bridge fine. However the chimney section is a little tight making insertion fiddly. It looks and feels like it’s resting on the lip of the chimney section and not fully inside it.

When I first fired it up I got no atty showing up on the display. I’m using the sxk billet for this and not the original. Then I got a reading and then nothing.

The 510 screw protrudes from the top of the billet and so I removed the oring from it to see if I could get a better connection.

So far I seem to have a fairly stable connection, albeit the ohms are reading around .7 and not .6.

The flavour seems as sharp as in the pal2 if not a little better. I’ve not restricted the airflow yet so am puffing a very loose mtl.

Due to lack of knowledge on these things I’m not sure why my connection isn’t as stable as it should be?

First thoughts are these coils aren’t a perfect match for the bridge but I’m not sure as I’ve never used this combo and don’t know what the original coils should look like with the bridge.

But so far it works. It’s not perfect and I’m a little worried with the match up but it’s giving a really nice vape for what it is.

Just thought I’d post and would be great full for any input or ideas anyone has on this.

Cheers

The aspire bvc coils with the classic bridge, just rest on the chimney section a well
bb1.jpg

Im guessing you have no connection issues?

Ive just picked it up again and the watts are all over the place! Its settled down again now.

No connection has always been fine.....your nut ring does seem a tad high...try a threaded drip tip if you have one...it does away with the nut...and may suit this coil type for a better connection

No connection has always been fine.....your nut ring does seem a tad high...try a threaded drip tip if you have one...it does away with the nut...and may suit this coil type for a better connection
I don't have a threaded one sadly. I may try it in the original to see if I get the same issue

View attachment 192523 View attachment 192524 View attachment 192525

I’ve seen on FB a few posts mentioning the classic bridge will work with the pal2 coils. As I quite enjoy the .6 coils in the pal2 this piqued my interest. When I saw some classics were back in stock at atmistique I had to give it a whirl.
This morning my parcel from Greece arrived and so I got to work.

The bridge fits the standard boro. The coil fits the base section of the bridge fine. However the chimney section is a little tight making insertion fiddly. It looks and feels like it’s resting on the lip of the chimney section and not fully inside it.

When I first fired it up I got no atty showing up on the display. I’m using the sxk billet for this and not the original. Then I got a reading and then nothing.

The 510 screw protrudes from the top of the billet and so I removed the oring from it to see if I could get a better connection.

So far I seem to have a fairly stable connection, albeit the ohms are reading around .7 and not .6.

The flavour seems as sharp as in the pal2 if not a little better. I’ve not restricted the airflow yet so am puffing a very loose mtl.

Due to lack of knowledge on these things I’m not sure why my connection isn’t as stable as it should be?

First thoughts are these coils aren’t a perfect match for the bridge but I’m not sure as I’ve never used this combo and don’t know what the original coils should look like with the bridge.

But so far it works. It’s not perfect and I’m a little worried with the match up but it’s giving a really nice vape for what it is.

Just thought I’d post and would be great full for any input or ideas anyone has on this.

Cheers

Thanks Matt. Keep us updated on how things go.

I’m almost a week in with this combo now and it’s not bad at all.
Swapped out a coil and connection issues seem to have totally disappeared. The 510 nut still protrudes but only a little.

Performance wise I can’t fault it. If you’re a fan of the artery pal2, have a billet and want an pod style AIO thing (or whatever you want to call it) that really will last all day and give decent flavour then I think it’s worth a punt. No leaks, absolute minimal condensation.

Compared to the north bridge this is more fiddly and I’d say the .6 nord coils are a little better on flavour but not much.

The two bridges work out roughly the same price with postage, albeit the north bridge is easier to get hold of.

Where the north bridge wins is when it comes to a tighter mtl. With an oring from a nord coil around the base you can get a decent tight draw and now there’s a dedicated afc for the nord that’s even better.
With the classic set up cutting the airflow is tricky.

Also the wick holes are almost at the bottom of the boro with the nord whereas the artery coils sit a good 5mm above which is a bit wasteful IMO.

If I was to keep one it would probably be the classic bridge due to smoks awful coil qc and the fact that you can use a few more coils in the classic like the aspire bvc and the sprite coils. If smok made bulletproof coils then I’d go nord but I’ve had 3 duds in a pack of 5 and that’s utter shite!!

Worth putting in a £300 mod? For me personally NO to both. Worth putting in the sxk and taking it away for the weekend or a festival. YES! Well maybe....

Back
Top Bottom