What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Any pre made MTL Clapton’s/Aliens etc above 1ohm?

Chuck Norris

Achiever
MTL for the Snail & Bantam

Ive got the coilology ss316 & ni80 MTL coils been great but all apart from the tiny plain round coils come in between 0.5 - 0.8ohms. The round coils are very hit & miss, ohms keep jumping or stop reading and I struggle to clamp them down properly (eyes are getting old!)

Are there any fancy premade packs out there to try 1-1.5ohms?

Thanks Dave

Thanks yeah £15 for 3 is a tad much for me at the moment! I didn’t think of checking NV’s site seen a few on there to try for a few quid, I’ll give em a whirl and see how I get on.

I’m ripping through 18350’s like crazy here on the coilology ones, was going through 3 batts a day, fitted the nautilus 1.8 salt coils and one 18350 has lasted me 2 days!

76A4C920-A70F-4290-B814-7118E69CDA85.jpeg

Picked these up, decent price really for 22 coils! I’ll post back here to say how I get on

You can always put them on a coiling rod and add a wrap or two to increase the resistance a bit.

Do Vandyvape still do the superfine MTL coils?
I seem to recall a 1.2ohm clapton, they came in little corked jars.....

I have a reel of Coilology MTL NI Clapton wire. It's decent stuff.

Proper coils in Ireland do a 1ohm mtl clapton (very nice), and I'm trying out a 1ohm mtl alien coil from MTN at the moment, also very very nice.

Might just be me but I’ve tried various fancy Mtl coils and never found any that perform any better for my style of vaping than simple round wire, 28g Kanthal or mainly 30g SS, give me the resistance range I like and fit the deck and screws, can’t be doing with slow ramp up and hot tanks.

Back
Top Bottom