What's new

Any crossbow love?

Only had my SXK Crossbow just over a day. QC on it seems fine. It vapes very well. As Discomatt says, there is not a lot of room to change the draw, apart from make it tighter with supplied plug kit. It is quite a tight draw without and suits me fine, but you will not get a loose MTL draw out of this unless you do surgery on the intake hole at the bottom.
I'm not convinced the plugs make it any tighter - I vaped without a plug, then put the tightest one in - no discernible difference to me. I always thought the plugs were the shittiest part of the design - totally the wrong place to restrict airflow

I'm not convinced the plugs make it any tighter - I vaped without a plug, then put the tightest one in - no discernible difference to me. I always thought the plugs were the shittiest part of the design - totally the wrong place to restrict airflow

Ok. TBH I haven't tried the plugs. It was tight enough without for me.

Ok. TBH I haven't tried the plugs. It was tight enough without for me.
I agree. My previous paragraph was a bit harsh - didn't mean to suggest that the whole design is shit. Was thinking back to when I was subscribed to their Facebook group and I asked about airflow inserts. They were all excited about these 3D printed plugs - I think the SXK plugs are probably actually better, at least they're injection moulded - still don't work though

Still getting gurgling - and turbulent airflow - if anyone has any tips...?

7CB60C2A-FBF0-4495-AFFB-77CDBFEE79CD.jpeg
8323E2D2-5F08-4684-A827-764A4699C1E9.jpeg
3E4FB12A-AC91-4800-ACA5-22DA047750A5.jpeg

Mine seems to be a fraction too long and also when In the boro it’s distorting and opening slightly until I tighten the nut. I can’t get the nut flush either.

The vape is ok’ish. I need to put a higher build in. I think as it’s rather warm at .9 ohms. Quite noisy too

View attachment 198436 View attachment 198437 View attachment 198438
Mine seems to be a fraction too long and also when In the boro it’s distorting and opening slightly until I tighten the nut. I can’t get the nut flush either.

The vape is ok’ish. I need to put a higher build in. I think as it’s rather warm at .9 ohms. Quite noisy too
Try turning it round - mine does that with the crossbow logo at the front - fine the other way round. Think it's a design error, must be fractionally offset

Try turning it round - mine does that with the crossbow logo at the front - fine the other way round. Think it's a design error, must be fractionally offset
Ok glad it’s not just mine. Will spin it round and see. :)

Edit: just spun round and it’s sitting snug now without needing to be tightened.

Last edited:
I agree. My previous paragraph was a bit harsh - didn't mean to suggest that the whole design is shit. Was thinking back to when I was subscribed to their Facebook group and I asked about airflow inserts. They were all excited about these 3D printed plugs - I think the SXK plugs are probably actually better, at least they're injection moulded - still don't work though

Still getting gurgling - and turbulent airflow - if anyone has any tips...?

Not getting gurgling but the airflow is a bit turbulent. I wonder if that's to do with the air intake being too small and not matching the under coil air hole size. Just a thought.

I decided to have a fiddle...

There was a tiny bit of swarf inside the centre pin. This improved the airflow a touch. The design is interesting - reminds me of the Kayfun lite. There is a groove running around the whole circumference if the centre pin - with the air hole in the base of the groove. The groove is at the same height as the insulator and threaded section airholes - so it doesn't actually matter if the centre air hole is aligned - air will always flow around the groove. The Kayfun used to whistle if the airholes were lined up - I always found it better to have the air flow through the groove.

I decided to add a second hole opposite the first in the groove. Also made sure the edges of all the holes were smooth. Has made a big difference.

IMG_20190815_180424.jpg
IMG_20190815_180451.jpg

For whatever it's worth, I recently got an SXK Crossbow and it hasn't had the problems that I've read in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom