What's new

Any crossbow love?

Second genuine arrived today threw a build in and absolutely no issues.Will be needing more instead of shells methinks

Have run several tankfulls using the Crossbow and after removing the Boro there is not a drop of condensation sitting behind. The Crossbow just keeps getting better and better for me. Like it more than Vapeshell now

Likewise @rew although I don’t usually get any leaking with the vapeshell though. But it’s a definite winner, this crossbow. I stripped it down this morning thinking I’d try a 3mm coil in it. I never use 3mm coils, not sure why I did it.

But while it was out I had another look at the pin, it had shifted a bit and the insulator and hole weren’t aligned. I decided just to ditch the big bit of insulator and leave the little sliver I lopped off, which had stayed lodged inside. It’s working perfectly. I think the best solution is to ditch the insulator altogether, apart from a couple of mm where the pin screws in to the base. Seems like poor design, the way it originally was. It’s only really needed where it touches the rest of the atty.

Hmm it vapes very well with the 3mm coil but I think the amount of coil and cotton in here is reducing the chamber too much and caused this thing of bubbling up into the chimney that is hated with the hastur mini. No liquid coming out the top at least, but I really dislike the sensation. 2mm for me, it seems (I’ve misplaced my 2.5mm drill bit!). Hopefully I’ll have 10 minutes to do it later.

Yes @zouzounaki there isn’t loads of wick room, I tried the M wicking technique on it and when I put the top on it squashed it flat, I think it’s the smaller chamber that improves the warmth and flavour.

Had a weekend away and took the crossbow (plus exocet in case). It was a very easy build, used it all weekend, never leaked, good flavour and a tighter draw than the vapeshell. All in all good, well so far :)

Mine has had bad leaks a couple of times over the last week. I put a mesh reducer in it, not sure if that’s part of the problem. It did make it very smooth and nice and tight, but it’s back out now in favour of the vapeshell!

Back
Top Bottom