What's new

Any crossbow love?

It’s only early yet @Discomatt but so far so good, I think in terms of performance I could end up preferring this. It seems like the design lends itself to better wicking and less fussy to set up imo. And the performance might just edge it slightly. I had inawera black for pipe in it last night and dripped a little in the salix to compare and surprisingly I preferred the crossbow.

image.jpg

I believe the crossbow should outperform the vapeshell based on the chamber and chimney designs. If any of you guys aren't going to use the crossbow clones because of the flaws then I'll happily give you the cash you paid for it.

Aye, I’m thinking that it does outperform the vapeshell @StuPot . In addition to the factors you mentioned the wicking also seems better, it seems denser vapour despite the juice holes being smaller. I think the design of the deck is better thought out.

if you put the air hole on the crossbow on the same side as the holes in the bb it,s ruddy quiet as well (mine has to have the crossbow symbol facing out)
when your feeling brave you can wick it without putting the wick into the juice wells , if you have a good look you'll see what i mean but tbh it dont make much diff to the end performance

Thanks @decoy I’m just stripping it at the minute so once it’s built will try switching it round and see if it’s quieter. It’s pretty quiet already mind, about the same as the shell.

I did a bit of bodging to align the airflow by making a very thin washer out of a plastic bag, popped it on the end of the pin and it’s lining up perfect now fully tightened.
Put a 28g Nichrome coil in 1.3ohms and it’s vaping very nicely indeed, the airflow is ok without any restrictor in and I’m with you on this @zouzounaki I reckon it pips the Vapeshell for Mtl, you get the feel of the smaller space in the chamber and the deck looks like something that designed for Mtl, with the Vapeshell I feel like I’m trying to make a decent Mtl out of some that’s in between Mtl and Dtl.
Just my opinion, I know many on here rate the Vapeshell.

My Crossbow has been good as gold. No issues at all and wicking like a dream.

Having read this thread I am going to try my crossbow clone again wasn't too keen before and much prefer my two exocets to anything else but will give the crossbow another go.

It’s nice to know I wasn’t nuts thinking it was better for me anyway.Defo Wicks better and with less fuss than shell

Back
Top Bottom