What's new

Am I ready for my first mech?

AdriaNocenzi

Postman
I know that I don't do build under 0.2 for a single battery, that I need to clean the metal parts with metal clothes and battery need to be vct5 or vct5a, I have some 25r but I will need to buy some any way, do I miss something?

Also I'm concerned how do I know when to change battery to avoid to overdicharge them?

Mate you sort of know when the battery is low. You just seem to naturally get a feel for it if that makes sense. I use full mechs all the time but only build around 0.4ohms I'm happy with that. Just make sure batteries are from a Trusted supplier. Keep everything clean. Check your builds on a decent ohm reader with top cap of Atty on. That will tell you of any short circuits in the Atty. Basically common sense really. I remember the first time I used a full mech. Inserted battery and shit me self as I pushed the button. I over filled the squonk and it cackled like f@@k. Nearly had a heart attack. Soon calmed down after that. Just enjoy.

You need more specific knowledge than that.your on the right track but you need to know why the vct5a is suitable for a .2 build and why other batteries are not, you need to know how resistance affects the amp draw from your battery and what amps you can draw safely from saif battery. steam calculator is your friend

Well with my squeeze I build around 0.36 and with the 25r is fine as got enough headroom I don't remember the figures now, but I noticed a change of performance between a pair of 25r that are two years old and the remaining 4 that are 1 year old

Well with my squeeze I build around 0.36 and with the 25r is fine as got enough headroom I don't remember the figures now, but I noticed a change of performance between a pair of 25r that are two years old and the remaining 4 that are 1 year old
I wouldnt use 2 year old batteries in a mech mod. Its up to you how much you want to learn about what your doing. If your happy to go ahead with what you know thats up to you. Please Bare these things in mind
-know you batteries limits
-make sure battery wraps are perfect
-keep contacts of mod clean
-build coils on a ohm reader
- check all your 510 pins protrude enough
- dont use old batteries

Hope this helps

If you have to ask, then you aren't ..... you need to be confident in yourself, your gear and your knowledge.

I know that I don't do build under 0.2 for a single battery, that I need to clean the metal parts with metal clothes and battery need to be vct5 or vct5a, I have some 25r but I will need to buy some any way, do I miss something?

Also I'm concerned how do I know when to change battery to avoid to overdicharge them?
As long as you test out your build on a regulated mod to check for shorts and to ensure the resistance is correct you should be fine.

You have the correct batteries, but as mentioned old batteries are not recommended. Also worth mentioning that working a battery at its maximum safe discharge will probably shorten its lifespan.

The Pico Squeeze is an excellent practice mech for learning how to build coils that perform well at 3.7ish volts.

Which mech did you buy?

@AdriaNocenzi You're not quite there yet, but keep asking questions or how will you learn? :D Research the topics mentioned above, there's a lot of info in this section of the forum to get you started.

As long as you test out your build on a regulated mod to check for shorts and to ensure the resistance is correct you should be fine.

You have the correct batteries, but as mentioned old batteries are not recommended. Also worth mentioning that working a battery at its maximum safe discharge will probably shorten its lifespan.

The Pico Squeeze is an excellent practice mech for learning how to build coils that perform well at 3.7ish volts.

Which mech did you buy?
i was my eyes on a floris mini orca pre loved

I would reccomend a Craving Vapor Hexohm V3 or Asmodus Ultroner Luna squonker. Get something semi regulated would be my suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom