What's new

Advice on first SXK

I snagged a v4 SXK 60w DNA BB in the classies last week and I really like it, I was looking at buying a new one and was definitely going to go for the DNA for the extra few quid because they are more sought after and I reckon much easier to move on if it wasn’t for me, plus the reliability issues.
I’ve just ordered the Mtl airflow restrictor kit for the Vapeshell because it’s too airy for me, I’ll have a look at modifying the Exocet like Zouzounaki.
For now I’m using the Atlantis bridge with a 0.5 ceramic EUC coil in and it’s a nice restricted Dtl, I need to suss out the Mtl side of things though because that’s what I bought it for and how I primarily vape.

That's how I use the BB for MTL, Vapeshell with MTL reducers. Can get a really tight draw if you want.

I snagged a v4 SXK 60w DNA BB in the classies last week and I really like it, I was looking at buying a new one and was definitely going to go for the DNA for the extra few quid because they are more sought after and I reckon much easier to move on if it wasn’t for me, plus the reliability issues.
I’ve just ordered the Mtl airflow restrictor kit for the Vapeshell because it’s too airy for me, I’ll have a look at modifying the Exocet like Zouzounaki.
For now I’m using the Atlantis bridge with a 0.5 ceramic EUC coil in and it’s a nice restricted Dtl, I need to suss out the Mtl side of things though because that’s what I bought it for and how I primarily vape.

I think some folk have had problems with the reducers but mine have worked pretty much perfectly. The two smaller ones are just right, similar to the dvarw with the 0.8/1.0 reducers (as I know you’re a dvarw fan) but with a smoother and better draw.

The exocet (with the home brew reducer) and vapeshell are both really good, I don’t know that I could pick between them if I could only keep one. I have both set up in different tanks and have been switching between them.

I noticed that the 15% has changed as well, bloody lucky I couldn’t sleep last night so got the order in...
So Sxk BB 70w, shiny button, Vapeshell ordered. A loan of an Exocet and another box secure.
Managed to stop my order of the single black box, so I need the black with extras? Need it to work with Vapeshell and Exocet.. so need this set? https://www.fasttech.com/products/3052/10039149/8487100 although I don’t need the Atlantis adapter?
That condensation sealant procedure looks a pain in the arse, will getting a condensation plug from @Vapaneezer Scrooge reduce the danger of board buggering whilst giving airflow adjustment?
Think that’s my only worries and thanks all for your help

I noticed that the 15% has changed as well, bloody lucky I couldn’t sleep last night so got the order in...
So Sxk BB 70w, shiny button, Vapeshell ordered. A loan of an Exocet and another box secure.
Managed to stop my order of the single black box, so I need the black with extras? Need it to work with Vapeshell and Exocet.. so need this set? https://www.fasttech.com/products/3052/10039149/8487100 although I don’t need the Atlantis adapter?
That condensation sealant procedure looks a pain in the arse, will getting a condensation plug from @Vapaneezer Scrooge reduce the danger of board buggering whilst giving airflow adjustment?

I think that’s the tank for the atlantis coil adapter, so the hole in the bottom will be too big.

I think this is the one you need.

https://m.fasttech.com/products/305...acement-tank-for-bb-60w-70w-box-mod-kit#forum

The best way to find out is to read the discussions, they don’t declare which is which for some reason.

Don’t order the boro that comes with the Atlantis adapter as the hole in the bottom of the boro is to big for the Exocet and vapeshell, you need the one in zou’s post above, I’d say definitely get a condensation plug, it doesn’t 100% stop condensation in the billet but does reduce it, good thing to do it remove the boro at the end of the day and give it a wipe out, condensation plug is also good for restricting airflow, depends on the hole in the plug which depend how much restriction you get, I run my Exocet with 6 wraps 2.5mm coil 24g kanthan comes out at 0.6 ohms with a condensation plug and get a nice restricted dtl from it, I got the shiny button too, it fits nice but you do get a little button rattle from it which pisses me off abit...

About the reducer in the exocet @andyroo , be careful as I’ve just earlier accidentally pushed mine in to the pin. Can’t get it out and have put it aside as a job for tomorrow. Try and leave enough sticking out the pin so you can grab it with tweezers.

Thanks for the info @zouzounaki
I might have a play with Exocet later, I did try restricting it with a 0.4 coil but it’s not enough.
The Dvarw is in the naughty corner for now, I was struggling to get a smooth enough draw, I’ve gone back to an old friend of yours the Doggystyle, don’t what it is about but I keep coming back to it over my Prime and Lite.
The wait begins for the restrictor kit ....

This is the first atty I’ve used mesh to make a restrictor. I don’t know if I made a mistake, maybe the idea is to use a strip of mesh that’s the same length as the pin, and reaches the bottom. Mine was about 5mm and I’ve accidentally pushed it right inside. Hopefully I’ll be able to fish it out.

Back
Top Bottom