What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

About to indulge

Nothing wrong said so far, but a bit of additional...

Over discharging a cell, at it's most basic, accelerates the internal aging process.

In the very vast majority of cases, this leads to the cell not holding a charge like it used to, and it might get a bit warm.

This is caused by an increase in the cell's internal resistance - instead of letting out the magic pixies to dance around in your coil and make that hot, it keeps more inside so they dance about in there instead.

Too many pixies dancing about inside your cells makes them annoyed and quite hot and bothered, so they look for a way out - if enough get annoyed the exodus is quite enthusiastic (pop/flash/bang).

Or this might happen during charging - trying to shove too many pixies in through a worn out hole gets them annoyed too.

Look after your pixie huts, replace them every couple of years (or sooner or later if you can monitor internal resistance) and you keep all your bits.

Happy pixies = happy vapers.

Nothing wrong said so far, but a bit of additional...

Over discharging a cell, at it's most basic, accelerates the internal aging process.

In the very vast majority of cases, this leads to the cell not holding a charge like it used to, and it might get a bit warm.

This is caused by an increase in the cell's internal resistance - instead of letting out the magic pixies to dance around in your coil and make that hot, it keeps more inside so they dance about in there instead.

Too many pixies dancing about inside your cells makes them annoyed and quite hot and bothered, so they look for a way out - if enough get annoyed the exodus is quite enthusiastic (pop/flash/bang).

Or this might happen during charging - trying to shove too many pixies in through a worn out hole gets them annoyed too.

Look after your pixie huts, replace them every couple of years (or sooner or later if you can monitor internal resistance) and you keep all your bits.

Happy pixies = happy vapers.
Don't know whether to be offended by the patronising nature of the fairy story or applaud your brilliant explanation by using infantile concepts.

... I'm going for the latter haha.
Very well explained and answers my original question perfectly. Also verifies that there is some merit to dangers being associated with allowing batteries to degrade.

Long and short of it is that I will maintain good battery quality and practice as not to excite the pixies too much. Last thing I need is the cops being called out on a pixie party that got out of hand and ends up in a shoot-out.

Humble thanks

Don't know whether to be offended by the patronising nature of the fairy story or applaud your brilliant explanation by using infantile concepts.

... I'm going for the latter haha.

Which are you more likely to remember:

A: a bunch of angry pixies are going to burn your balls off because you let their hut get messy

B: there is an increased risk of thermal issues caused by a cumulative degradation of an electrolyte carrier compound

?

Which are you more likely to remember:

A: a bunch of angry pixies are going to burn your balls off because you let their hut get messy

B: there is an increased risk of thermal issues caused by a cumulative degradation of an electrolyte carrier compound

?

Absolutely A.
I'm a B kind of guy, being quite a dork, but I love A and it's what I'll remember.

Absolutely A.
I'm a B kind of guy, being quite a dork, but I love A and it's what I'll remember.

I'm off the scale B...

But, a full explanation that I understand would just cause textwall blindness to most people, and that doesn't help anyone.

Up to you of course, whatever makes you feel comfortable, but removing the battery every time will get very tedious - it's really not very dangerous to carry it installed on a mod with a locking or recessed button. Every time you put it in or take it out is an opportunity for kack handedness - dropping, slicing the wrap etc.

Unless you're putting the mod in a pocket with a bunch of other crap, it really shouldn't be an issue.

Or get a torch pouch or similar.

I'm off the scale B...

But, a full explanation that I understand would just cause textwall blindness to most people, and that doesn't help anyone.

Up to you of course, whatever makes you feel comfortable, but removing the battery every time will get very tedious - it's really not very dangerous to carry it installed on a mod with a locking or recessed button. Every time you put it in or take it out is an opportunity for kack handedness - dropping, slicing the wrap etc.

Unless you're putting the mod in a pocket with a bunch of other crap, it really shouldn't be an issue.

Or get a torch pouch or similar.
That's reassuring. And good point that I'd end up dropping the battery at some point, which would be in direct contradiction to my efforts to maintain the battery perfectly.
I wouldn't want to scratch the crap out of the mod so it would be in pocket my itself or something soft at best.
The Vandy has a recessed button so it should be decently hard to fire by accident.

Mech in hand and built as per above. Loving the mech hits of my own instead of other people's :)
Thanks all for your input

Mid-indulgence and in need of help.

I can't seem to get a build that works well.

I'm currently on ss316l 24/32 flapton, which has meant some stupid amount of wraps to get it to an acceptable resistance (0.2ohm or above for my 25amp batteries).
The fire-up speed is dreadful.

What's the best kind of dual-coil to go for for a quick ramp-up, stay safe, good flavour?

Mid-indulgence and in need of help.

I can't seem to get a build that works well.

I'm currently on ss316l 24/32 flapton, which has meant some stupid amount of wraps to get it to an acceptable resistance (0.2ohm or above for my 25amp batteries).
The fire-up speed is dreadful.

What's the best kind of dual-coil to go for for a quick ramp-up, stay safe, good flavour?
6 or 7 wraps, 3mm inner of 24g Brochrome.
Comes to about ~0.25 ohms

All I ever needed in my mechs.

Best order some brochrome then.
Had a bit peek on the forum on flat ni80 and I'm not sure how I missed it before.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom