What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

30T nowhere near mah stated

Rordog17

Postman
I've got a pair of Samsung 30ts & my charger is reading them at around 1600mah after a full charge & only a few uses. It's a miboxer c4 12. Inaccurate charger or faults cells??

I'm not familiar with the charger but is the figure of 1600mah just telling you how much charge the charger has put into the batteries? So if they were already half charged then this figure would be about right.

Might need to wait for someone who is familiar with the charger tomconfirm though... [emoji848]

Charger is showing what mAh the battery has received not it's total capacity. Unless you ran a battery dangerously low you'll never see the full mAh capacity. Charger only knows a battery has been inserted, what volts it's currently at & how many mAh have been used to bring it back to 4.2v. A charger can't tell what the original capacity was, no more than it can know what make/Amp output it is. More expensive chargers can measure internal resistance which would be a clue to authenticity.

What @tobywonkabi and @nwhornet said.
The charger displaying what’s been put into the cell and the charger displaying the overall capacity are two very different things.

Appriciated for the replies. I was hoping that was the case as mooch recommended the supplier. Think it was ecolux or something like that. My charger has a 4th slot which has some kind of battery health feature im guessing it that's the one that measures Internal resistance but I got it from fasttech & the last slot doesn't work. Looks like I'm going to have to send it back & buy some 18650 til it comes back as they won't refund. Just thought I'd warn anyone looking to save a few quid

Batteries & chargers from either Fogstar or 18650uk. Both well respected vendors & are present on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom