What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

20/21700 mech mod advice.

I will try out some of the Samsung 30T's for sure.

That sounds like it hits hard, those halls can get a bit rowdy! Jokes aside, I look forward to using them both. Is fogstar still the go to place for batteries? I need to replace some 18650's as well as they have now failed and not taking a charge, but they are some of my very first cells.
Fogstar for sure or depending on your order always worth checking 18650uk too as sometimes they work out cheaper and they are trusted too [emoji4]

Fogstar for sure or depending on your order always worth checking 18650uk too as sometimes they work out cheaper and they are trusted too [emoji4]
Ooh, the 30T's are on sale for £4.45. I might try a few different cells, as even the higher capacity 21700's are more than enough for a build I enjoy.

If you're in the market for some 18650's while you're over there, imho the Samsung 20S is great to breathe new life into those old 18650 mechs, mAh might not be as high but the 30A CDR gives you a lot of scope for lower builds :)

Ooh, the 30T's are on sale for £4.45. I might try a few different cells, as even the higher capacity 21700's are more than enough for a build I enjoy.
Then the molicel are a fantastic cell and probably the best I've used so might be worth a try as long as your inside the amp limits [emoji4]

If you're in the market for some 18650's while you're over there, imho the Samsung 20S is great to breathe new life into those old 18650 mechs, mAh might not be as high but the 30A CDR gives you a lot of scope for lower builds :)
Big fan of the 20s the only cell I use in my 18650 tubes, and the molicel or 30t in anything else[emoji16]

Last edited:
Ecigone have some nice mechs, especially those Russian Custom Mods ones. They’re on sale and for any that aren’t on sale there’s a 30% discount anyway site wide. All the different Taurens are there, and the Arcless is only £30.

Only problem is, is this their only sale or is there a bigger one coming from them on Thursday and Monday? I think this one ends tonight.

Cells can be a funny ol' beast to talk about, my favourite 20700 at the moment is the Sanyo 2070C, seem to last ages for me.

I was thankful for the barrage of links, it gave me an idea of what is out there and different styles :).

I prefer more 'standard' mods, things such as the AR-15 I believe it was called never appealed to me. Just checked the prices of purge mods, that was the second heart attack of the day. Lets hope there isn't a third lol.

Of course I will share it in the Mech pics thread- I don't think I have ever posted in there! I've shown my regulated mods and some mechs in the vapemail section, but will add what I already have there

Good god, those prices! I've spent a lot of money on my regulated mods, but that switch costs more than some of my cheaper regulated mods lol!

I find mechs to suit me more and more lately though, and I am already thinking of breaking my previous rule of never paying more than £30 for a good clone or authentic Chinese mech.

Soon you may see me with something I said I would never buy, an expensive mech mod to treat myself for getting better :)
Second hand mech tubes that were expensive new, and have done their depreciating, are cracking value and often of superb quality - unless it's rare or a limited edition, you really need to like throwing your money away, or have lots of it, when buying high end mechs as you'll never get your money back if you ever plan to move it on - they used to do okay second hand, but that was years ago now and things have moved on.
Bloody love mechs me, tubes/series boxes/wee mech squonks, by far my preferred way to vape :)

Back
Top Bottom