What's new

20/21700 mech mod advice.

conanthewarrior

Achiever
Hi everyone, I am looking for another mech mod for the collection, one that I do not yet own, a 21700/20700 mech.

I fancy one as I haven't got anything in so long, and I tried out one of my 26650 mechs with a spacer to hold a 20700 and it is the most impressed I have been with a mech so far. The cell I am using plays a big role in this, I just did not expect it to be that much better than a VTC5A in my 18650 mech mods.

I am fine with clones, so if anyone can recommend a good mech mod that uses this size cell it would be much appreciated.

Tauren is banging, best mech I own, and heard very good things about the tauren max

Cheers Clive ;)

Conan, wait until you try a Samsung 30t 21700 cell, exceptional performance on lower builds! Molicel 21700 are very good too, and Samsung 40t is a great all rounder.

Cheers Clive ;)

Conan, wait until you try a Samsung 30t 21700 cell, exceptional performance on lower builds! Molicel 21700 are very good too, and Samsung 40t is a great all rounder.

I currently only have an Efest 3000MAH 30A cell, I purchased it a while ago from a shop with a Vandy vape squonker and I haven't used it much. I have been using my mechs a lot more lately, as they just work- I have had too many regulated mods fail on me now that most of the time I am using a mech. Plus being a bit cack handed and dropping things doesn't help, so a solid mech is handy as a workhorse.

As I wasn't using the 20700, I thought I will try it in one of my 26650 mechs. It blew me away, I was amazed at the difference! I was pushing things with a 0.13 build, but have tried builds up to 0.5 on my various RDA's and it just seems to work so much better.

Tauren is banging, best mech I own, and heard very good things about the tauren max

I will check out the Tauren and also the Tauren max.

Any particular budget?

Ideally I will go for a clone, or an authentic Chinese/Asian mod, as I personally do not feel a tube is worth paying hundreds for. Seeing as it is my first purchase in a long time, I might think of going for something a little more special though.

I set my maximum at £100 at a push. This is a lot for me for a mech, seeing as I have always bought clones, the only authentic I own is a Wotofo Phantom.

I would like to get an RDA as well in this price range, but it is not a must.

What is a must is a reliable and safe fire button. I prefer one that can lock, currently have my AV able paired with a Steamcrave RDA. I like the fact I can lock the fire button fully by turning it so it won't auto fire in my pocket.

If not a locking switch, a recessed button or flush with strong magnets would be my next choice.

Thank you for all those links! I must admit that the clones are not really the style I like, apart from the gold Purl King one, if it was in another colour lol.

I clicked on the first link, and nearly had a heart attack at the prices. Luckily the third and fourth one have genuine items in my price range!

I like the style of the Mechlyfe x ambition vapes arcless, I will have to check a review on that one, have you heard good things about the brand and mods? I've been away for so long!

But... the THC Tauren max seems it could be my cup of tea. And its £57.99, which is much more in the realms of what I am happy to pay, I don't think I could be happy buying something like a AV mech for £300! (Then again I would only get clones at one point under £30, so there is time for me yet lol).

A locking fire button, a different style switch to what I have ever used with the ball which looks like it will last. A non hybrid connection would make it on paper the perfect mech to me, but I think I may go for it.

Do you know if the ball fire button is a reliable design?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for all those links! I must admit that the clones are not really the style I like, apart from the gold Purl King one, if it was in another colour lol.

I clicked on the first link, and nearly had a heart attack at the prices. Luckily the third and fourth one have genuine items in my price range!

I like the style of the Mechlyfe x ambition vapes arcless, I will have to check a review on that one, have you heard good things about the brand and mods? I've been away for so long!

But... the THC Tauren max seems it could be my cup of tea. And its £57.99, which is much more in the realms of what I am happy to pay, I don't think I could be happy buying something like a AV mech for £300! (Then again I would only get clones at one point under £30, so there is time for me yet lol).

A locking fire button, a different style switch to what I have ever used with the ball which looks like it will last. A non hybrid connection would make it on paper the perfect mech to me, but I think I may go for it.

Do you know if the ball fire button is a reliable design?

Thanks for your help.
I had the original tauren with the ball switch and owned it for 8 months until I had to sadly get rid of it and it never let me down the quality of there gear is as good as some of the £100+ tubes I've owned so id say if you like the look of it get it mate you won't be disappointed

Back
Top Bottom