What's new

Oak drop down mod juice atty cabinet / case

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
I put an ask up, on the ecigs forum over the finish of this case.

In the end, I have waxed it due to it being oak I'm not keen on other finishes on hardwoods wax is easy to maintain and lets the wood breath.

so children, shall we begin

on this very wet day (very very wet for me in fact) on the dvd is bladerunner directors final cut, is decker a replicant??

the timber im using is oak heartwood at about 8 to 10 % water its very hard stuff but the finish is silky smooth

IMG_2414.JPG

first put together

the oak is not to bad on my planer or saw it cuts perfect but then again all the blades are razor sharp this week

IMG_2415.JPG

i have decided to do a drop down front its a first for me, but sacrifices have had to be made the box needed strength even though its glued and has dovetails for joints. I have had to screw the inners in to brace the box but not having any oak dowels to hand and dowels won't give a horizontal strength I would like, so I have filled the holes over the screws.

IMG_2420.JPG

IMG_2421.JPG

i have gone for a wax finish (dark oak bison wax) its is super silky smooth

IMG_2422.jpg

the fittings are all fine bronze colour

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

i haven't finished the inside as yet I'm not sure I may wax, I may not, I will think it over...

IMG_2423.jpg

there is a draw at the back (and the tray as always lifts out for attys)

the price is £55 plus postage at £11.50 via paypal as POTV rules state

it will go on ebay in the next few days or you can get it here if you wish.

if you love my cabinets or leather cases then like them, buy them.

Attachments

• IMG_2424.jpg
    IMG_2424.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 289
That is beautiful. It's not for me, it's too big for the space I have, but for the money you want for it, I'm tempted anyway. I hope somebody bites your hand off for this.

That is beautiful. It's not for me, it's too big for the space I have, but for the money you want for it, I'm tempted anyway. I hope somebody bites your hand off for this.

well the next cabinet may be just up your street....

think cabinet, think wall, and you have a slim discreet wall cabinet......hmmmmm coming soon to the shed me thinks in oak of course

well the next cabinet may be just up your street....

think cabinet, think wall, and you have a slim discreet wall cabinet......hmmmmm coming soon to the shed me thinks in oak of course
What's your eBay name? I'd love to have a nose at your other stuff.

Whenever I go to antique fairs I'm always fascinated by the wooden boxes. Your work reminds me of some of the lovely fly tying boxes that I sometimes see.

What's your eBay name? I'd love to have a nose at your other stuff.

to be fair I only sell on eBay as the last resort, eBay is the IMO the boot sale of the world most stuff I sell by commission pieces

or on here because fellow apes are a decent bunch :14::14::14:

im going to lime wax the sides and have a dark oak top at the time I used the wrong filler to cover over the screws holes, I had to screw rather than dowel the supports as the front drops down I have never been happy with it. it niggled me so it's sat here not selling

the white limed sides with a dark top will make it more modern

Back
Top Bottom