What's new

AxMod - The AxBoxes

Hi Ax

Are you planning any TC mods?

Yes. It may be a little while off, but I have an idea for a limited run of around 15 of either SX350J or DNA200 Polished ergonomic Billet boxes. Depending on the Board, it may be a LiPo powered mod. It's currently only a idea, but it's something that will most likely happen in the future.

Will need to make sure I have funds for the AxBox 18650 Switcheroo as well as working out if I want to go for a monster 26650 or the Triple 18650. Not that I don't hope you get the latter boxes done in a timely fashion, but hopefully not so quickly that I need to sell myself to fund the purchase. ;)

Will need to make sure I have funds for the AxBox 18650 Switcheroo as well as working out if I want to go for a monster 26650 or the Triple 18650. Not that I don't hope you get the latter boxes done in a timely fashion, but hopefully not so quickly that I need to sell myself to fund the purchase. ;)

You don't want to be standing on the street corner for a Mod :P Current pricing is about £80-85 for the Switcheroo, I just need to sit down and work it out properly.

Right, update time. Huge orders put in for parts, shitload of 2nd Gen 510s from stealthvape with a couple of "testing" parts to play with (SX350J & ModMeter from Seedy and a 40A Raptor from Digi-key - these are with a view to releasing mods with them, gotta "test" them out first ;) ).

I have also dropped the fusing on the Mods, as I'm finding fusing actually kills a little of the power and they seem to hit very slightly harder without. I need further testing to actually prove it from a technical standpoint, but from a practical standpoint, it's a lot easier to build without.

I'm looking at 2 1/2 weeks for the packaging, so I'm looking at 3-4 weeks for full release, depending on how long the powder coating and engraving

Top work!
And good call on the fusing.
Afterall, a fuse works by converting electrical current to heat... When that current is enough to create enough heat it breaks. Hence why it's sapping power!
Afterall, energy cannot be created only converted. :)

Timing of this should be perfect for my first wage in the new job. Looking forward to seeing the finished article and getting one of these bad boys.

OK, so, I've been quiet. I've had a few set-backs with various parts, and I've been bloody mental with other stuff too. I'm slowly getting there and have much love for ZT for offering some workspace. For now though, here's a glimpse at the production(ish) (the logo's on the wrong side of the Box) 18650 AxBox Triple S.

20150727_031209_HDR.jpg
20150727_031256_HDR.jpg
20150727_035244_HDR.jpg

Always appreciate the updates. As soon as that triple series is available then I'm taking the leap. I imagine that cosmic blue is even more magical in hand.

Just back from the engravers... current batch of lids done! Left one is for a custom Squonker. Pics of that coming soon!

Attachments

• 1440419322384.jpg
    1440419322384.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 243
So here's the score - within the next 2 weeks I will be taking pre-orders via the Website at AxMod | 26650 Box Mods UK | 18650 Box Mods UK.

What will be available that I know I can put out is as follows: The AxBox 18650 S & 18650 P & the AxBox 26650 S & 26650 P.

The 18650 Triple S & 18650 Triple P should be ready by then, but i can't guarantee it as I need to model out the sleds. The 18650 Switcheroo should also be ready by then, pending a test on switch wiring, it's currently dropping stupid amounts on the series side, so I need to test another configuration on the wiring, which won't take me very long to do, I'm hoping to get that done this weekend.

There will also be a limited run of 9 18500 G-Size boxes, this is due to me making a balls up with the drilling and not realising until after the powder coating was done.

So the count-down has started.. bring it on!

Back
Top Bottom