Vape Superstore
What's new

An afternoon in the man shed

Stroud Vaping

Postman
Nabbed myself an hour or two in the man cave this afternoon and came out with this:

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1392740063.290707.jpgImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1392740078.275594.jpgImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1392740093.421219.jpg

Might be in trouble though...Mrs SV was hoping for a chopping board! Whoops!

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

The Electronic Cigarette Company
AcmeFog
Nice......

Nabbed myself an hour or two in the man cave this afternoon and came out with this:

View attachment 19355View attachment 19356View attachment 19357

Might be in trouble though...Mrs SV was hoping for a chopping board! Whoops!

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Nice idea geeza!

I've got a lump of oak block worktop like that crying out for the same treatment! I gave it to the Mrs for a chopping block but she ain't even used it so she's missed the boat - I hereby reclaim it for the greater good.

I see on the mod makers forum, on slices of tree, that they used some self adhesive green felt to line the drill-outs, (which you can get from WHSmiths) so I think i might nick that idea and put it with your idea.

I am a tradesman but don't do a lot (well don't do any) of fancy finished wood projects. I have a router and all the tools required to do this can you tell me though; did you router it free hand or use a jig? Those edges look mighty straight to me!

thanks,
MM

Nice idea geeza!

I've got a lump of oak block worktop like that crying out for the same treatment! I gave it to the Mrs for a chopping block but she ain't even used it so she's missed the boat - I hereby reclaim it for the greater good.

I see on the mod makers forum, on slices of tree, that they used some self adhesive green felt to line the drill-outs, (which you can get from WHSmiths) so I think i might nick that idea and put it with your idea.

I am a tradesman but don't do a lot (well don't do any) of fancy finished wood projects. I have a router and all the tools required to do this can you tell me though; did you router it free hand or use a jig? Those edges look mighty straight to me!

thanks,
MM

Hi mate,

Like you I'm a general builder by trade but never do any fancy schmancy stuff like this normally!

I routed it with the fence on...bugger stopping the corners from kicking though!

Good luck with yours mate, you'll have to put the pics up when you've done it!

Cheers,
Luke

Vape Club
Hi mate,

Like you I'm a general builder by trade but never do any fancy schmancy stuff like this normally!

I routed it with the fence on...bugger stopping the corners from kicking though!

Good luck with yours mate, you'll have to put the pics up when you've done it!

Cheers,
Luke

Here's my effort. I compromised and let the Mrs have her bread board. Totally winged it, no fence on the router, minimal use of a tape measure and straight lines marked off a broom handle all in semi darkness on the outside kitchen step and a size 12 booted foot to hold it down.

It's a little rough and ready and I don't like the router bit I used (its the only router bit i have) but i want the stands as tools to use when I'm fannying with coils and to keep shit in a cupboard tidy so I didn't go OCD with it I just smashed em out.

Not going to bother with the fancy felt cut outs as one drop of juice on felt and it'll look like a slug's botty.

Sponged a quick lick of fiddes wood wax over it and Wollop! 2 vape stands and a bread board.

I'm happy ! thanks for the idea !

Cheers
MM

Attachments

• 2vapestands.jpg
    2vapestands.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 124
Vape Green
Back
Top Bottom