What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Adventures in 3D printed panels.

Great to see these. Good job, well done @peps1. And thank you for sharing the files.
Thank you, couldn't find that many options out there for people to print their own. Seems to be a thriving trade in pannels if you want to sign up for private Facebook groups and wait for drops....so thought I would just make it a little easier for anyone who wants to print their own or have a friend do it.

And now for the Cthulhu AIO!

IMG_20220407_231106.jpg

Very nice. Have you done one for the button side?

I have, just need to test thing like the magnet fit tonight when I get a chance.

IMG_20220408_172613.jpg

Very nice work! You could easily sell these on Etsy.

Thank you! don't think I could handle the added stress of selling them on top of my day job, would rather just make the files and put there out there for people to have.

But, if a forum member wanted a set and doesn't have a 3D printer then more than happy to print them a set or custom design. I'm just a little limited on colours as unlike everyone else who seems to sell 3D printed panels, I use high temp ABS plastic rather than PLA plastic....Have a feeling that come the summer a lot of people who got 3D printed panels will be unhappy if they do something like leaving their mod in a car on a hot day as the glass transition temperature for PLA is around 60°C and 105°C for ABS.

(Glass Transition/Tg is the temperature at which a material undergoes a transition from a rigid, crystalline state into a glassy amorphous state. In other words, the glass transition temperature is the temperature at which a solid changes its physical properties from those of a hard, crystalline solid to those of an amorphous solid and becomes a rubbery state free to deform and then retain the deformation when it's cooled back down).

Those look really good. What kind of 3d printer are you using? Have you considered maybe petg instead of abs? I've heard abs is pretty stinky while printing..

Back
Top Bottom