Innokin
What's new

jim532 drip tip list :)

Royal Flush Vape
so is it possible to get a wider than normal bore on the ptfe tips?

The bore in every DT is limited to about 4.5mm at the base to allow enough thickness at the weakest point (bottom of o-ring grooves to bore). The bore diameter can be increased by using 1mm cross section (thickness) o-rings (standard size is 1.78mm. I use 1.5mm).

I have increased the bore size many times using thinner o-rings for drippers. (see pics on post 134. The wide bore tip has 1mm C/S o-rings). In the bottom pic below, the Titanium shorty also has 1mm C/S o-rings.

The bore in upper part of the DT can be made any size you require. Increasing the bore size to larger than the norm may mean the outside diameter of the DT needs to be increased. Bear in mind that these are custom made DTs rather than CNC runs. I make the tip for the user. You tell me what you want & I make it to your specs.

I made a DT with a 12mm diameter the other day (the bore is a standard 4mm). It would be easy enough to give it a 10mm bore at the top. (pics below)

So if you wanted a DT with an 23mm bore I would make it 25mm diameter to allow 1mm wall. BTW that was a joke. But for the drippers who are now having extreme thoughts, I would advise you to consider what would be the largest diameter that would be comfortable to vape on. Try something of a similar diameter in your mouth before ordering an extra large diameter DT (now now lets not get rude)

Attachments

• S1.jpg
    S1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 390
  • S2.jpg
    S2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 384
  • S3.jpg
    S3.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 391
  • S4.jpg
    S4.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 390
  • PTFE COLOURED PTFE.jpg
    PTFE COLOURED PTFE.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 382
  • PTFE + Ti DTs.jpg
    PTFE + Ti DTs.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
AcmeFog
http:// http://thaniell-ecig-world.com/mods/zasilania/gp-paps-x.html

@jim532 is it at all possible to make a tip like the one on top of this?? :)

Yes I could make one like that. What I would need to know is the preferred material, external dimensions, bore size ect. Like I gave on this thread http://ukvapers.org/Thread-PTFE-TIPS?page=52

Or you could just say standard length or shorty & leave me to decide the best dimensions

I made one similar last yr (minus the groove). See pic on post 429 http://ukvapers.org/Thread-PTFE-TIPS?page=43

Last edited:
Yes I could make one like that. What I would need to know is the preferred material, external dimensions, bore size ect. Like I gave on this thread http://ukvapers.org/Thread-PTFE-TIPS?page=52

Or you could just say standard length or shorty & leave me to decide the best dimensions

Awesome, SS or similar shiny metal if possible, something like 15/16 mm in length (bit longer if needed to be, but prefer the shorty style) and I like my tips quite airy, currently I use around 6/8mm bore, but cause of the shape if it needs to be smaller then all is good. Whatever you think is best around those type of numbers :)

Vape Superstore
Awesome, SS or similar shiny metal if possible, something like 15/16 mm in length (bit longer if needed to be, but prefer the shorty style) and I like my tips quite airy, currently I use around 6/8mm bore, but cause of the shape if it needs to be smaller then all is good. Whatever you think is best around those type of numbers :)

I made PTFE dripper recently in a similar design. I need to finish the lists that restarted on 2 forums before I think about metal

Length 15mm (top), Width 10.6mm, Internal bore at base 5.5mm Internal bore at top 8.8mm

Attachments

• WIDE DT 1.jpg
    WIDE DT 1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 344
  • WIDE DT 2.jpg
    WIDE DT 2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 342
  • WIDE DT 5.jpg
    WIDE DT 5.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 343
  • WIDE DT 7.jpg
    WIDE DT 7.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 321
Vape Green
I made PTFE dripper recently in a similar design. I need to finish the lists that restarted on 2 forums before I think about metal

Length 15mm (top), Width 10.6mm, Internal bore at base 5.5mm Internal bore at top 8.8mm

that looks like the perfect sizes! give me a hola when your free to make :)

Dripping tips in PTFE & Glass PTFE. Top diameter = 10.6mm external, 8.8mm internal. Bore at base = 5.5mm

Attachments

• Large bore PTFE & Glass PTFE DTs.jpg
    Large bore PTFE & Glass PTFE DTs.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 336
  • Large bore PTFE & Glass PTFE DTs 2.jpg
    Large bore PTFE & Glass PTFE DTs 2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 316
  • Large bore dripping tip pic 3.jpg
    Large bore dripping tip pic 3.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
The Electronic Cigarette Company
Thanks for the info Jim. Whenever you get around to making my tips (1 glass filled and 1 carbon dripper shorty), I would like whatever the widest bore is that I can get with the skinny o rings. I don't need a wider bore at the top than the bottom, I prefer that it be the same straight through. The tips in the above few pictures are probably pretty close to what I'm looking for. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom