What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Flocked Yew stand

Rossco Ell

Mod Maker
EK5A8542_zps259b63e1.jpg
Yew stand, fully flocked. I love the contrast between the sap and heart wood on this one. Natural fissures for character.
EK5A8537_zps08b62ddb.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely work, Rosco. Looks rather similar to some of my efforts, which I've lined with felt, and which don't look anywhere near as good.

This sent me looking up flocking kits, and I'm seeing a minimum outlay of almost £500 (also, holy shit, that's without VAT and shipping!) - really? Is there a less excruciatingly expensive way to do this?

I don't think that's going to be any better than what I've been doing up to now, actually, Diablo - and with more practice, I can get better results with my current method. Genuine flocking deposits fine particles on a surface that's treated with an adhesive, so that there aren't any seams, and it goes evenly into places where it would be difficult to cover, even with a thin felt.

Back
Top Bottom