What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Which Heron or Spheroid?

note also the 1mm gap between the engraved tank section and the connecting yokes that go into it top and bottom. Is that right?

The packaging could be off a real one so that's no indication of 'kin anything really I suppose.....

What be your verdict reader?

It's most likely that the 510 Adapter is from FT and the Heron itself is genuine, as for the gap, make sure your tube is the right way up - it's easily done. A good way to tell if the heron is genuine is to have a look at the spring in the connector, if its a funny shape and / or plated it's likely to be genuine, and since whoever sold it to you was too cheap to buy the genuine 510 adapter they are unlikely to have paid out for the upgraded original spring from vapour art...

Hmm ok well that's a good sign then, that clone looks etched or engraved and what I have looks ..well, cast, as in out of a mould, it's deep and polished. I don't know GP's manufacturing process for the logo but what I have here looks a cut above what you're showing me there, which is +1 on the good news front.

Vapourart do indeed polish the inside of the Aelopile engraving, but it could be a replacement tube, unlikely but possible...

It's most likely that the 510 Adapter is from FT and the Heron itself is genuine, as for the gap, make sure your tube is the right way up - it's easily done. A good way to tell if the heron is genuine is to have a look at the spring in the connector, if its a funny shape and / or plated it's likely to be genuine, and since whoever sold it to you was too cheap to buy the genuine 510 adapter they are unlikely to have paid out for the upgraded original spring from vapour art...

....I'll have a butchers......

....I'll have a butchers......

Looks alright to me:

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1428262551.293380.jpg

OK That combined with the polish in the engraving is enough to convince me that it is genuine, the 510 adaptor is definetely a shonky one from FT Though, that said it's about 19.50 Euros for the adapter from Vapour art. You can get the whole thing from FT for 16.48 Euros.

Heres the Paps X Converter link - GP PAPS X Converter - Priced at 14.40 Euros...

OK That combined with the polish in the engraving is enough to convince me that it is genuine, the 510 adaptor is definetely a shonky one from FT Though, that said it's about 19.50 Euros for the adapter from Vapour art. You can get the whole thing from FT for 16.48 Euros.

Heres the Paps X Converter link - GP PAPS X Converter - Priced at 14.40 Euros...

Thanks Tubbyengineer. I nearly ordered it from Vapist earlier when I ordered the O rings but I've already done an unexpected £ one-er since Friday on more vape kit so I had a stern word with myself before Mrs MonsterMash does. Florida in 4 weeks - I'm supposed to be being frugal! I'll wait until Friday coming for the converter :D (or maybe I'll get a GP 510 converter...or both!)

Back
Top Bottom