What's new

Which Heron or Spheroid?

If it's any help this is a clone and was bought as a clone, your slight gap might be a bit of cotton getting stuck under the chimney.

Attachments

• 1428254628653.jpg
    1428254628653.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 1428254690435.jpg
    1428254690435.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 65
For me it's hard to tell from the pics apart from that base section that does look double the depth. I would like a closer look at the etching on the tank but even then would prefer to be able to compare mine to another original as well as yours just to be sure.
Mine has a small gap at the top of the tank section, always has done, doesn't bother me cos the top was so damn tight when I bought it that I had to post on here to ask for suggestions on how to get it off and new orings might sort the problem. The one I have is 0888, a potentially suspicious number that I would have wondered about had I not bought it from Vapist at vapefest and he handed it to me in person (and being from Manchester I have a natural suspicion of scousers but some of the have to be trustworthy right?)
I wouldn't pay for 2nd hand original gear unless I know I can trust the person and it's something that's a bit scarce and hard to get hold of (and I would always go with the person I trust even if there are 2 of the same item on sale and the person I trust is asking more money).
So, I'd say inconclusive given the evidence available, don't worry and buy from a trusted source next time so you don't have any concerns.

Yeah wise words, it was a late night Strongbow fuelled purchase (I'm sure there's a lesson for me there SOMEwhere) I have to say the engraving looks very good to me. NEXT time I buy preowned I will keep it to the forum's classies with one eye on the post count of the seller.

If it's any help this is a clone and was bought as a clone, your slight gap might be a bit of cotton getting stuck under the chimney.

Thanks Danny K. From that shot you've taken the trouble to put up for me I believe I can see that within the recess of the engraved/inset logo outlines it doesn't shine, it looks brushed to me - would you agree? On closer examination of mine I can see that it's a polished finish indent within the brushed finish of the main body of the tank. Am I tripping or does your clone there have a more brushed look within the recess of the logo's lines?

thanks,
MM

Thanks Danny K. From that shot you've taken the trouble to put up for me I believe I can see that within the recess of the engraved/inset logo outlines it doesn't shine, it looks brushed to me - would you agree? On closer examination of mine I can see that it's a polished finish indent within the brushed finish of the main body of the tank. Am I tripping or does your clone there have a more brushed look within the recess of the logo's lines?

thanks,
MM

Tried to get you a better pic but not easy using a mobile :)

I'd say you were spot on mate, it's almost a brushed grey / white finish to the logo

Attachments

• 1428260039446.jpg
    1428260039446.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 54
Tried to get you a better pic but not easy using a mobile :)

I'd say you were spot on mate, it's almost a brushed grey / white finish to the logo

Hmm ok well that's a good sign then, that clone looks etched or engraved and what I have looks ..well, cast, as in out of a mould, it's deep and polished. I don't know GP's manufacturing process for the logo but what I have here looks a cut above what you're showing me there, which is +1 on the good news front.

Huggett has recently picked up a genuine Heron maybe he can chime in and let you know how the logo is.

I think the clone 510 adaptor fits all to be honest and I prefer it as it saves striping the internals out the base.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1428260698.603488.jpg

Mines polished, had a clone and genuine side by side in the pub.

Very similar :), and the clone was lovely but the engraving is brushed vs polished

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Huggett has recently picked up a genuine Heron maybe he can chime in and let you know how the logo is.

I think the clone 510 adaptor fits all to be honest and I prefer it as it saves striping the internals out the base.

Yeah I'm not too worried about the adaptor as I intend to do away with it eventually anyway and it'l probably come in handy for something else along the way at the rate I'm collecting kit both old and new.

Just ordered a set of new o-rings for it from Vapist. £4.50 - reasonable. Postage - £3.50....ouch!

Back
Top Bottom