What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Which Heron or Spheroid?

Can't vouch for the 510 adaptor on it. I have the original cardboard tube for the heron and judging by it's look and feel and weight of it though it's all good.

I'm finding that for some strange reason, one of my juices (70/30 VG heavy) starts out OK but after a while the draw gets tighter. Other juices of the same ratio don't do this…….Anyone have any ideas?

Dogmeat fear not I am satisfied I have the genuine article, colour weight look and feel all shout quality metal artwork for both the heron and the adaptor. I had a chat with the gent I got I off nonetheless and when he asked me what made me think it's not a genuine adaptor I had to explain some geeza on a forum reckoned it wasn't based on an iphone picture. Perhaps you might elaborate further for me old chap?

Thanks for the name of the Paps x yoke, I'll have a butchers...

monstermash, it could well be an old design one but every 510 adapter I've seen is half the height, you have to take out the black insulator and pin assembly to fit it whereas all the clones I've seen are the same as yours that screw over the top with everything still in in place, look at the Vapourart website they have videos showing you all this.

monstermash, it could well be an old design one but every 510 adapter I've seen is half the height, you have to take out the black insulator and pin assembly to fit it whereas all the clones I've seen are the same as yours that screw over the top with everything still in in place, look at the Vapourart website they have videos showing you all this.

Ok bud thanks for the info. The colour of the 2 together match exactly suggesting they are of the same ilk, which, if is of clone descent, is certainly an impressive ilk. One keeps an open mind however. Serial no 0750, assuming,as purchased, of Vapourart heritage, would suggest an early incantation of the adaptor, if there is such a thing. I have heard tell that you wouldn't quickly mistake a clone heron for an original but being a newcomer in these here parts I wouldn't be able to confirm or deny that. The adaptor is marked for retirement either way. The atomiser is performing like a good'un with the benefit of the wicking methods contributed above, so I am a happy punter.

Right then gang you better let me have it straight - has some old geeza (that vaped a lot of butterscotch through it) had my troosers doon with this Heron?

My first instinct was that it is kosher. I have enough clones and originals to notice the subtleties in manufacturing differences. Further to Dogmeat's comments it does look like the snide adaptor to me as well although I don't have enough other GP kit to compare informatively.

What am I looking out for anyway, for tell that it's a wrong'un?

Other suspicions - Serial number 0750 seems too pretty a number. My Goblin is 0917, proper random and ugly. Tonight the cotton topper o-ring is too baggy to refit no matter how careful I align it. Upgrade on the o-rings required at least. If there's any doubt there's no doubt, right?

I'lll throw some uncommented shots up in the next post via the blower, as it's too much poncing about otherwise.

Let me 'ave it, I'm ready! Be brutal!

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1428186973.121983.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1428187001.470864.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1428187018.515076.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1428187042.604555.jpg

Last edited:
note also the 1mm gap between the engraved tank section and the connecting yokes that go into it top and bottom. Is that right?

The packaging could be off a real one so that's no indication of 'kin anything really I suppose.....

What be your verdict reader?

Last edited:
For me it's hard to tell from the pics apart from that base section that does look double the depth. I would like a closer look at the etching on the tank but even then would prefer to be able to compare mine to another original as well as yours just to be sure.
Mine has a small gap at the top of the tank section, always has done, doesn't bother me cos the top was so damn tight when I bought it that I had to post on here to ask for suggestions on how to get it off and new orings might sort the problem. The one I have is 0888, a potentially suspicious number that I would have wondered about had I not bought it from Vapist at vapefest and he handed it to me in person (and being from Manchester I have a natural suspicion of scousers but some of the have to be trustworthy right?)
I wouldn't pay for 2nd hand original gear unless I know I can trust the person and it's something that's a bit scarce and hard to get hold of (and I would always go with the person I trust even if there are 2 of the same item on sale and the person I trust is asking more money).
So, I'd say inconclusive given the evidence available, don't worry and buy from a trusted source next time so you don't have any concerns.

Back
Top Bottom