What's new

Which Heron or Spheroid?

monstermash

Achiever
I'm the proud new owner of a GP Paps X V1 Grand Spunker, courtesy of the classies (well I have to go get it from sorting office actually but anyways...)

I'd be mighty grateful if anyone has the time to give me a kick in the right direction on what to reside atop it.

I'm assuming that the Heron 1.5 is better than it's predecessors? What I don't really want is a tight draw or another treacherous and temperamental little bugger to have a love hate relationship with.

I have high hopes for something from GP. Are they apple pie in the sky hopes though?

All feedback appreciated

Thanks
MM

I've a couple of Herons and I love them. Reliable, easy to use and they give a great vape. You can't go wrong IMO.

I have no experience of the Spheroid though :(

Spheroids are great, I love en! -but they are a tight draw. If that's not or you, -avoid :D

The Spheroid is neither treacherous nor temperamental, it's a brilliant little device. However the draw (through the 510 connection) is tight and the juice capacity is small, </=2mls.

The Heron was conceived as a 22mm Spheroid but has since found favour with a microcoil and cotton build without the fluff in the tank. The v1.5 has an airflow slot in the base, with AFC ring, which is much airier than the v1 which had 3 drilled holes.

Unless you particularly want the Spheroid's form factor (which you don't if you have a Paps) you should choose the Heron every time.

Last edited:
Am i right in thinking that you need a connector ring to use the heron in hybrid mode on a paps x?, i could be wrong,

Ok thanks for the info gents I think my plan will be to grab a pre loved Heron of no particular preference from the classies asap, get a new 1.5 Heron later in the year and maybe see if I can bag a bargain spheroid somewhere along the line.

Happy days!
MM

I have both and I use them everyday. They are superb devices but I would say that the Spheroid is less faff than the Heron purely as it has fewer parts.I use the Spheroid with cotton and a silica lasso and the Heron with just cotton and I use filler in both. You won't be disappointed with either but the Spheroid is a tighter draw as already stated.

I'm the proud new owner of a GP Paps X V1 Grand Spunker, courtesy of the classies (well I have to go get it from sorting office actually but anyways...)

I'd be mighty grateful if anyone has the time to give me a kick in the right direction on what to reside atop it.

I'm assuming that the Heron 1.5 is better than it's predecessors? What I don't really want is a tight draw or another treacherous and temperamental little bugger to have a love hate relationship with.

I have high hopes for something from GP. Are they apple pie in the sky hopes though?

All feedback appreciated

Thanks
MM

I have both .. both are great .. the 'roid is quite a tight draw tho .. Heron 1.5 for you mefinx

Just bagged a pre owned Heron 1.5 serial no 0750 for £65. Two birds one stone, wollop!

Need to cop on to myself now and stop buying metal. 10L of base is next on the agenda!

I have both and I use them everyday. They are superb devices but I would say that the Spheroid is less faff than the Heron purely as it has fewer parts.I use the Spheroid with cotton and a silica lasso and the Heron with just cotton and I use filler in both. You won't be disappointed with either but the Spheroid is a tighter draw as already stated.

cotton and a silica lasso, any videos for this pal.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom