What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

What constitutes high end?

edwards653

Postman
Interested in everyone's opinion here, I have a few mods and tanks that I would consider high end but would love to know what others think?[emoji106]

Here's what I consider high end in my collection!
Osrix modified istick Pico
Claz 4 wood
Pipeline pro 9
Foggatti f40
Elevator v2
SVB dna40
Limelight box
Steve Johnson Pipe
Kayfun v5, mini v3, lite+
Evl reaper
Sat 22
Kabuki

@edwards653 you're on the right track in my view?
"High End" doesn't have to translate to being ridiculously expensive, more perhaps a case of limited availability and by that.... increased desirability?
You have some very respectable items there and one in particular that I have long lusted after myself.;)

Made by hand maybe? I have three "high end" things, a twisted messes squared, halcyon DNA 200 squonker and a tmods customs micro sqonker and the difference in quality, with the workmanship on those compared with my cheaper mass produced devices is measurable.

What's that Rob?
Some of the gear I have has been bought on the classifieds as I wouldn't have afforded them otherwise. Personally, I agree, limited availability is what I associate with high end rather than price.

I have lusted after a Limelight Pylon for such a long time and then they produced "The Box". :)
Their work really is superb and something that I find incredibly pleasing aesthetically. I am ashamed to say that I have only ever held a Pylon once, but it has stayed at the top of the memory bank ever since. I do occasionally see them at very reasonable prices, but they are always just out of reach financially when they do appear.

One Day!!! :2thumbsup:

Of course, just about ANYTHING by Osrix Creations would be nice too. I had the great honour of using my Mates beautiful one a few months ago, Ben only made 2 of them and Chris had the first. If you follow Ben on fb you'll know the Mod of which I speak, it was VERY briefly with Todd, but is now back with its rightful owner.:)

Yes, the limelight is a thing of beauty and customer service is fantastic. When I bought mine 2nd hand it was missing the leather case, a quick email to dejan had that sorted QuickTime! The pico from osrix is brilliant, I got the maple wood and its a lovely wee thing, Benji does beautiful work [emoji3]

uploadfromtaptalk1469435585890.jpg

I hope this shows up, here is a picture of my box Rob.
Got 3 sets of panels and a spare new board with it in case it ever needs replaced!

Back
Top Bottom