What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vapist

You will never, ever get a leak with a microcoil/cotton build and it will feed faster than using filler. GP fanboys on HEM got really arsey with Scott Bonner when he did this in his review - arguing that he demeaned the product by not using it as a spheroid.

That's when I stopped bothering to log on to HEM. :)

^^

This man .. him speaka da troof JennyS

You won't replicate the flavour Spheroid wise ... and .. extra hassle

BUT

the beauty is ... if you WANT to use it spheroid wise ... you can. also .. it comes with a load of filler :)

^^

This man .. him speaka da troof @JennyS

You won't replicate the flavour Spheroid wise ... and .. extra hassle

BUT

the beauty is ... if you WANT to use it spheroid wise ... you can. also .. it comes with a load of filler :)

I would imagine this to be the case, spheroid will have the more concentrated flavour for filler form.

Have you tried it in spheroid mode, just out of curiosity? How does it compare?

I'm just intrigued, because when I used my spheroid it felt like it was good because it wasn't just a tank, it was something a bit different, in the same way other things that aren't just a standard tank are.. I dunno.. I just assumed something that was designed as a giant spheroid would be designed that way primarily and 'usable as just a tank' would be an afterthought and so it wouldn't be as good as some of the others designed to be, just a tank... To be honest if it performs better as a tank than as a hoofing great spheroid I probably wouldn't get one, because I'm happy with my Kayfuns and I don't want another tank just because it's GP branded....

I'm more confused now than when I asked my initial question, fucking baby-brain!

it outperforms the kayfuns .. in WHATEVER mode you use it in by 1, 2 ... many

You won't get a leak but without a window you could get one hell of a shitty dry burn. Make a window VA and keep us all happy. If the Heron had a window it'd be the number one RBA for sure.

You don't though, because the cotton dries slowly, the flavour ebbs and you refill. It's the only atty I've never had a dry hit from.

Want me to post you down a Challenger to play with?

That sounds like a luvverly offer, but I am all over the shop at the moment, so it would be a niggling presence in my existence right now, and wouldn't get the appropriate attention...though I may cadge you up for a feel at some point in the future, thank you very much ;)

While we are on the subject of filler, does anyone have any spare filler fluff lying around, I can't find any anywhere as all sold out and happy to purchase from a kind soul who is in abundance :)

Just in case you haven't had spheroid experience, best way to start with a heron may be similar, if you want to persist with the filler method (which in a spheroid, gives a pretty relaxed, flavoursome vape, one might suggest it is perfect for a connoisseur, unlike the bunch of reprobates on this forum ;) ); so, four wraps of .20 kanthal wire wrapped round a doubled 2mm silica wick, don't wrap too tight, you don't want to strangle the wick, or bite into it even, unless you play for Uruguay. Then with the filler, make sure it touches the side, but don't pack it in, so full but loose, and I shove a needle into the bottom and once I see the merest hint of juice pooling at the top, I stop.

Also, my vote goes for paps v3 and luxe buttons, no magnets, mainly brass contact only, both have lush presses, maybe the luxe wins out for smoothness, though the paps v3(lux) locks.

I know, wot no copper contacts, etc, wot me am like? I tell you: A boss. I can coil. I do so to taste and longevity. Cunts ;)

Yeah, that's pretty close to the build I'm using a lasso comprising doubled 2mm ekowool but with 0.25mm wire 5/6 loose(ish) wraps with the top of the lasso (the wide bit) sitting around the perimeter of the chamber touching the filler. The taste this thing pumps out on the first pull is incredible, but that quickly dimishes with the following drags. I reckon I've probably got a little to much filler and it's not wicking quickly enough. I'm using the GP fluff, essentially double thickness (i.e. twice round the post to give two layers). Might be the juice I'm using which is quite thick - Druids Brew Bread of Heaven.

Running it with either a SS or a lux V3 paps. My first mechs and I love 'em....the button/switch is smooth as silk and they look amazing.

Back
Top Bottom