What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vapist

Mawsley ZT I feel like I'm missing the point (or maybe you guys are) It's a giant spheroid! I want one, because it's a giant spheroid and spheroids are awesome, surely if you don't use the filler it looses what makes it, it? If I could use my spheroid without the filler I wouldn't, because it's a spheroid and not a teeny tiny kayfun.... I'm confuzzled :S

Also, question, re spheroid and possibly heron if I decide to get one, cotton wool as a filler? I don't want to (can't be arsed to) get filler, would cotton wool work? It works in zippos, is my theory

@Mawsley @ZT I feel like I'm missing the point (or maybe you guys are) It's a giant spheroid! I want one, because it's a giant spheroid and spheroids are awesome, surely if you don't use the filler it looses what makes it, it? If I could use my spheroid without the filler I wouldn't, because it's a spheroid and not a teeny tiny kayfun.... I'm confuzzled :S

Also, question, re spheroid and possibly heron if I decide to get one, cotton wool as a filler? I don't want to (can't be arsed to) get filler, would cotton wool work? It works in zippos, is my theory

You will never, ever get a leak with a microcoil/cotton build and it will feed faster than using filler. GP fanboys on HEM got really arsey with Scott Bonner when he did this in his review - arguing that he demeaned the product by not using it as a spheroid.

That's when I stopped bothering to log on to HEM. :)

You will never, ever get a leak with a microcoil/cotton build and it will feed faster than using filler. GP fanboys on HEM got really arsey with Scott Bonner when he did this in his review - arguing that he demeaned the product by not using it as a spheroid.

You won't get a leak but without a window you could get one hell of a shitty dry burn. Make a window VA and keep us all happy. If the Heron had a window it'd be the number one RBA for sure.

Have you tried it in spheroid mode, just out of curiosity? How does it compare?

I'm just intrigued, because when I used my spheroid it felt like it was good because it wasn't just a tank, it was something a bit different, in the same way other things that aren't just a standard tank are.. I dunno.. I just assumed something that was designed as a giant spheroid would be designed that way primarily and 'usable as just a tank' would be an afterthought and so it wouldn't be as good as some of the others designed to be, just a tank... To be honest if it performs better as a tank than as a hoofing great spheroid I probably wouldn't get one, because I'm happy with my Kayfuns and I don't want another tank just because it's GP branded....

I'm more confused now than when I asked my initial question, fucking baby-brain!

Am going to have a go next build sans filler. When I had a leak it was through the air holes but I wasn't using the topper. Just a simple lasso coil and wick sitting on the filler.

Have you tried it in spheroid mode, just out of curiosity? How does it compare?

I'm just intrigued, because when I used my spheroid it felt like it was good because it wasn't just a tank, it was something a bit different, in the same way other things that aren't just a standard tank are.. I dunno.. I just assumed something that was designed as a giant spheroid would be designed that way primarily and 'usable as just a tank' would be an afterthought and so it wouldn't be as good as some of the others designed to be, just a tank... To be honest if it performs better as a tank than as a hoofing great spheroid I probably wouldn't get one, because I'm happy with my Kayfuns and I don't want another tank just because it's GP branded....

I'm more confused now than when I asked my initial question, fucking baby-brain!

you are right a spheroid is not a tank, it is a fancy, expensive, high end cartomizer :P

Am going to have a go next build sans filler. When I had a leak it was through the air holes but I wasn't using the topper. Just a simple lasso coil and wick sitting on the filler.

Just in case you haven't had spheroid experience, best way to start with a heron may be similar, if you want to persist with the filler method (which in a spheroid, gives a pretty relaxed, flavoursome vape, one might suggest it is perfect for a connoisseur, unlike the bunch of reprobates on this forum ;) ); so, four wraps of .20 kanthal wire wrapped round a doubled 2mm silica wick, don't wrap too tight, you don't want to strangle the wick, or bite into it even, unless you play for Uruguay. Then with the filler, make sure it touches the side, but don't pack it in, so full but loose, and I shove a needle into the bottom and once I see the merest hint of juice pooling at the top, I stop.

Also, my vote goes for paps v3 and luxe buttons, no magnets, mainly brass contact only, both have lush presses, maybe the luxe wins out for smoothness, though the paps v3(lux) locks.

I know, wot no copper contacts, etc, wot me am like? I tell you: A boss. I can coil. I do so to taste and longevity. Cunts ;)

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind having a go on a satburn button at some point in my life though. I am all about sweet buttons.

Back
Top Bottom