What's new

The Vertex RDA by The Boss Mod.

vaporsizer

Veteran
Calling on anybody who's tried one out yet, i have motive...
vertex1.jpg

I had one & it didn't over dazzle me or anything but i thought it would be a good device. It has a couple of tricks to offer that make it a bit different & to me it made sense to get one BUT...

... I only got as far as getting my dual coils in it, they went in really well but then it wouldn't make contact with any of my devices. The one i had looked like the bottom of the 510 connector had been ground after assembly & the positive pin was barely flush with the negative outer/threads. I just wonder if mine was a one off, freak because i was looking forward to it. I had to return it sadly. :17:

Thats exactly how mine is. Works perfectly on all my mechs but won't make contact on my dna. Its a bit of a shame but I probably wouldn't have used it on the dna much anyway.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

@dansolo Thanks mate, for confirming (Unless you got sent my return, haha) Seriously though it was a shame because i could tell the thing had been ground after assembly by the obvious grinding marks on the base of the outer wall matching up with the marks on the centre pin. It wasn't a fine stone mark either, quite scuffed.
Overall i thought the finish wasn't up there with a lot of other attys around the same price but if it wasn't for that one issue with the contact i would have kept it because it looked like it was going to be great. I wouldn't go on my mvp, my stingray clone & my biomech. That's waht broke the deal for me. Shit, if they sort that out i might be tempted again.

No I completely agree mate, the finish isn't quite there and the lack of an adjustable center pin isn't good at all but I have to say with the tiny chamber and with very good airflow adjustment I have been very impressed with the vape quality.

Suprised you couldn't get it working on your mechs tho, ive not had any problems on any of mine and im even using it with a hybrid adapter on my paps right now and not had a problem. Who knows? Maybe they'll release a v2 and sort it out.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Not had a problem with mine firing on my stingray clone, my m16 clone and my provari mini. Someone else said theirs had a dodgy insulator so I'm guessing quality control isn't great. I must say I'm really pleased with mine. Great flavour from it. It's a shame yours wouldn't work for you might be worth another go?

*edit* just seen the sticky on the no clone speak here! My bad, won't happen again!

Last edited:
It did look like a potentially goody imo but for the price i just can't get past that kind of flaw. I don't look for perfection but that to me was not acceptable & they really should get it right at that end.... At least !

I had to return mine and waiting for a replacement. The insulating ring around the centre post was bust. Its sounding like a bit of a poorly made bit of kit but I will await the new one before judging

@Mark Perhaps just the finishing quality is not as well governed as it could be or perhaps if there was an issue getting the pin & the insulator in there together, too tight maybe, that might be be the root of both issues. Just guessing like.

Back
Top Bottom