What's new

The VariAnt

He doesn't use a wick, he has a stirrup pump with a ghost working the handle lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

6mm diameter post should do
should give 27mmsq or thereabouts
would have to be hybrid
How the feck does it wick fast enough ?? @Raguri

Currently at 0.08 on the double cross, using loose cotton. Short hits with a break.
From soaking wet and pooled to dry, looks like this:
http://instagram.com/p/nWJmscFxgK/

I must admit, voltage drop means that I'm not getting a full 4.2v, haven't, measure the exact voltage to the coils as I value my hands (still have the brand marks from where I slipped with the multi meter last time!)

Currently at 0.08 on the double cross, using loose cotton. Short hits with a break.
From soaking wet and pooled to dry, looks like this:
http://instagram.com/p/nWJmscFxgK/

I must admit, voltage drop means that I'm not getting a full 4.2v, haven't, measure the exact voltage to the coils as I value my hands (still have the brand marks from where I slipped with the multi meter last time!)

you may get away with 5mm dia post solid silver without much volt drop.
At 100 amp every tiny resistance level means you are wasting energy in the mod.
A pure mech. mod may be best at that level.....

you may get away with 5mm dia post solid silver without much volt drop.
At 100 amp every tiny resistance level means you are wasting energy in the mod.
A pure mech. mod may be best at that level.....

Only problem with mech mods is the batteries...
A lipo box using a mosfet switching circuit, using 12awg silicone turnigy wire shouldn't be that bad on voltage drop really. The battery itself is very well rated for high amp situations with voltage retention. Looking at using gold plated connectors to try and reduce the drop through them as well.

If you are really planning to head above 50A remember that at those kinds of current you can get contact welding on the switch. You need to be able to kill the mod without the switch and I'd reccommend Kevlar fire gloves too in case you need to handle the atty. this is dangerous territory you are heading in to. Stuff that will make venting batteries look like a chimps tea party. Scalds from superheated liquid, switch contacts welding closed meaning the atty will be running for several seconds at 200+watts, structural failures due to thermal shock - A whole Smorgasbord of variously unpleasant happenings...

Only problem with mech mods is the batteries...
A lipo box using a mosfet switching circuit, using 12awg silicone turnigy wire shouldn't be that bad on voltage drop really. The battery itself is very well rated for high amp situations with voltage retention. Looking at using gold plated connectors to try and reduce the drop through them as well.
Just thinking of soldered connections
By mech I mean making off to solid metal and making a heavy duty switch
You can still bolt the connections to the metal

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

Oh and did I point out that E-liquid can be flammable under the right conditions, a lungful of flames is a no fun way to die...

Use Rhodium plated connectors if you can, harder and more durable than gold with similar conductive properties...

Ahh, the exubarance of youth, I have a collection of scars and injuries from thinking It wouldnt happen to me,or just not thinking at all...:violin:

Back
Top Bottom