What's new

Steel Punk Slug mod revisited

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
Another one that I used to own, came up on classies, so now one is back in the house.

Much copied, none of them came close. The Slug was...ahem...different to what had gone before. In many ways it summed up how the Philippines have always had a slightly different and original take on mech mods.

Launched in 2014, there were very limited numbers of the brass and hardwood device (the wood being made from stock so tough it is used for martial arts weapons). Eventually, numbers ran to the 600s but this is still in short supply considering the world waited for one.

Steel Punk followed it up with a slightly revised model in copper.

Running a single 18650, the Slug benefits from an incredibly low voltage drop. Unscrew the fire pin locking nut, pull the top of the firing mechanism and the length of brass cantilevers into contact with the copper cup holding the cell.

The 510 was a simple affair; a copper slug sitting in a tight insulator, allowing the atty to auto adjust - then the battery cap spring compresses into the copper cup, pushing the cell up to make contact with the 510 pin.

Next to the all-copper box mod I'll never see again due to only 100 being made, the Slug ranks as one of my favourite box-style mods.

This one arrive damaged, filthy, non-functioning and missing a spring. I've been in a foul mood because of that all week. People who don't mention stuff like that on ads ought to be banned from any community outlet - but this is the world we now live in since "the vape community" collapsed :/

Still, I put off doing my accounts, went to the garage, and while not perfect - it's working and a bit shiny.

The Steel Punk Slug mod...

IMG_1533.jpeg
IMG_1534.jpeg
IMG_1536.jpeg
IMG_1537.jpeg
IMG_1538.jpeg
IMG_1540.jpeg
IMG_1541.jpeg
IMG_1542.jpeg

For those interested, the RDA is the Chris Creations Fatty V3 (2013)

That is one mod I wanted to try but never bought. even the clones were going for too much back then though I did find one the person would split from a bundle he was selling but still to much money when you took in fuel costs just a shame he wouldn't post it

That is one mod I wanted to try but never bought. even the clones were going for too much back then though I did find one the person would split from a bundle he was selling but still to much money when you took in fuel costs just a shame he wouldn't post it
Considering the price of stuff these days, the cost of originals back then was positively affordable. Seem to remember this retailed for some like £120 - as did most Pinot mechs. Well worth it imo.

I think I also had a clone in my cupboard for a while. Not sure what happened to it, I might have a gander tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom