What's new

Squape X(dream) first impressions

Purplefowler

Administrator
Staff member
Well I got my X(dream) on friday and have been tinkering and playing all over the weekend and now Im ready to give my thoughts on it. Im a die hard stattqualm fan, Ive had the original squape r and the rs and have loved them, especially the rs which has been my go to tank for the last year so the X has big shoes to fill. luckily it fills them so well that its toes poke through the ends!

The build quality is typically beautiful, wonderful threads and everything fits together with total precision but that is to be expected. It is the innovative features that set it apart though. The base has a three point system, open, deck removal and closed. It works without thought, when you go to remove it from your mod, it pretty much automatically locks off the juice and it also means that there are no threads to tighten when putting it back together after building on the deck. At first it was a little stiff but after a couple of days, it has loosened up nicely and each position slots in with a satisfying click.

The deck is more tradition, a two post job with grub screws so nice and easy to build on. The grub screws make it much easier for thicker wire and dual coils (something that I hate but found easy to throw together in the X). It is probably more designed for dual coils but single coils are still pretty easy although it is a little tighter to thread the wire into the holes if you choose to put the coil in the centre, which is my preferred position. You can also put the coil all on one side too, but I haven't tried that yet. Wicking takes a little more concentration than in previous squapes, it needs lots and it needs to be in just the right place or you will get leaks (I have the stains on my jeans to prove it). I have lost a couple of tanks worth in the learning stage, but pack it right and it is leak proof.

Filling it is just fantastic. Lock the tank (which it pretty much does itself when you unscrew the top), remove the top section and you just pour it in! put the top back on and set the base to open. It is important to lock it though or you can get leaks, but it soon becomes second nature. It is a world away from filling the R and RS, pure joy. Oh, you should also check the chimney too, it can sometimes come a little loose and then it can leak. Leaks really aren't a big deal, but every one Ive had has been my own fault and Id rather make the mistakes so other people don't have to.

Finally the flavour....WOW! It is the best tasting squape by far, which is saying something as the squape is known for its superb flavour. It is clean and intense. The way the deck is kept separate from the tank means the juice doesn't get contaminated by a slightly gacky wick so you get hit after hit of clean, fresh juice. I am tasting so much more depth of flavour from juices that I thought I knew well. It is fantastic.

So all in all I am very impressed. It still feels like a squape, but it is so much better. I can't wait for the single coil deck to come out but not so fussed about the nano tank. It looks huge in the pictures but in reality, it is only a little taller than the Rs. There is a learning curve, you can't just chuck a wick in and it will work, it needs a little more fettling, but when you get it right, it is one of the best vaping experiences Ive had in my many years of vaping. If you are a fan of stattqualm stuff, you really should try and pick one up, and if you've never tried a squape before, this is a cracking place to start.

I have one and LOVE it. After perfecting the wicking and having the top of the coils level with the top of the posts, so the air gets underneath (I do dual coil) the flavour is so out of this world, Tim Peake keeps wondering what that divine smell is. I can't help showing everybody that I can take the tank off the base and no juice comes out!

Nice post, I couldn't agree more with everything you have said.

Very airy for a tank and very customisable. You can either have single airflow or dual and it is on a slider so you can have it as open as you want. I prefer full open as I'm more of a lung hitter.

I have one and LOVE it. After perfecting the wicking and having the top of the coils level with the top of the posts, so the air gets underneath (I do dual coil) the flavour is so out of this world, Tim Peake keeps wondering what that divine smell is. I can't help showing everybody that I can take the tank off the base and no juice comes out!

Nice post, I couldn't agree more with everything you have said.

Exactly, not positioning the coils right restricts the airflow a fair bit. I was delighted when I found this out. Absolutely blown away by this tank, and this is coming from somebody that almost solely uses airy RDAs. Must have!

I've had a go a single coil (middle of deck),not feeling the love tbh. I don't think the airflow setup is right for that coil position. It does vape, but I'm just finding it a bit wishy washy. Be interesting if they bring out a dedicated single coil deck. Something that directs the airflow to the side of the coil or even better underneath it.

Going to stick to duels from now on tbh. Going to have a little play with coil sizes, different wire etc. See if I can tune the vape a little bit more to my liking.

I had high hopes for my first squape , and to be honest , the X dream completely exceeded them ! For the past year I've been chasing after maximum flavour and cloud production to really give me the satisfaction that smoking did. So I went down the rda route and never looked back after my first kanger sub tank . I've tried a couple of tanks along the way but nothing compared to my drippers - until now. This tank gives me a satisfying and long lung hit , and with dual Clapton coils at 0.4 ohms it delivers everything and more that an rda does !! I've never owned 2 pieces of vape gear the same , but I'd happily sell all of my rda's to line up another squape x-dream or two .

Back
Top Bottom