What's new

Squape [Reloaded] Tips & Hints

Vaped Crusader

Achiever
Being as thick as pigshit when it comes to coils/wicks etc I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where people can share their builds, give/receive advice and all that jazz.

So here it is.

How you coiling, fellow Squaper?

Squape Setup

I have not done much changing but so far I am impressed the the Squape Reloaded. My setup is 1.3ohms micro coil with organic cotton on the W deck. I trim right up to the edge of the deck on both sides. The one thing I have noticed since I got it on Tuesday is it has never leaked and it never gurgles. Flavour is excellent but I have only used GVC VG heavy in it so far. I will be trying other setups, but because it works so well I'm not in a hurry to trial other setups.

I have not done much changing but so far I am impressed the the Squape Reloaded. My setup is 1.3ohms micro coil with organic cotton on the W deck. I trim right up to the edge of the deck on both sides. The one thing I have noticed since I got it on Tuesday is it has never leaked and it never gurgles. Flavour is excellent but I have only used GVC VG heavy in it so far. I will be trying other setups, but because it works so well I'm not in a hurry to trial other setups.
Pretty much the same here. I've also found that i'm getting a much better/improved vape at different power settings using this new Squape than I did previously in other tanks. Wether or not that's down to the Squape or an improvement in my coiling skills will be put to the test shortly!

Tried something different in it tonight. Took out the micro coil doubled up some 2mm voodoo wool in the W deck and did 5 wraps of .20mm kanthal. Came in at 2.1 ohms. Little higher than I wanted but that's ok on my hana.

Filled it with gvc for the first time so this will give me a good idea how it compares to my other stuff. ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1405441795.533359.jpgImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1405441809.312299.jpg

Hint: Make sure you put the deck in that you want to keep in forever. Because for some of us it seems, once its popped in, It ain't coming out.

I had a go with doubled 2mm silica in the standard deck yesterday, it didn't wick very well for me. The flavour was awful compared to the results I've been getting from cotton. Got a little bit of gurgling too. I ripped it out and went back to a microcoil after a couple of hours.
Interested to hear how others have got on with silica in it. Could well have been a dodgy build, I'm a bit rusty with standard coils and silica. Mesh to try next!

I had a go with doubled 2mm silica in the standard deck yesterday, it didn't wick very well for me. The flavour was awful compared to the results I've been getting from cotton. Got a little bit of gurgling too. I ripped it out and went back to a microcoil after a couple of hours.
Interested to hear how others have got on with silica in it. Could well have been a dodgy build, I'm a bit rusty with standard coils and silica. Mesh to try next!

Personally I don't get on well with Silica. I can taste it really bad and it over powers the juices. Its been the same since I started vaping using evods etc. I did try though (when I managed to remove my deck that one time) I built the pinnacle of a perfect silica build and it vaped terrible. I am biased against silica anyways, but it seemed a heck of a lot worse in the SQuape. I'm guessing the C deck would work a lot better for silica as it would sit lower and wick better. In all fairness I think the S deck is better for mesh. not that I have tried it, or will likely be able too.

Personally I don't get on well with Silica. I can taste it really bad and it over powers the juices. Its been the same since I started vaping using evods etc. I did try though (when I managed to remove my deck that one time) I built the pinnacle of a perfect silica build and it vaped terrible. I am biased against silica anyways, but it seemed a heck of a lot worse in the SQuape. I'm guessing the C deck would work a lot better for silica as it would sit lower and wick better. In all fairness I think the S deck is better for mesh. not that I have tried it, or will likely be able too.

Sorry to hear you're having all that trouble with the decks, must be very frustrating. I didn't buy any extras so have no idea yet whether mine comes out or not!
I feel likewise about the silica taste and I agree that the squape seems to intensify it. I think it's so good at delivering flavour that if there's a taste in there that you're sensitive to it will make it much worse. I will have another try at some point but I think probably silica is just not for me.

Sorry to hear you're having all that trouble with the decks, must be very frustrating. I didn't buy any extras so have no idea yet whether mine comes out or not!
I feel likewise about the silica taste and I agree that the squape seems to intensify it. I think it's so good at delivering flavour that if there's a taste in there that you're sensitive to it will make it much worse. I will have another try at some point but I think probably silica is just not for me.

Thats ok Khaleesi. Its not just me who is having the issue, its Macmagoo also. He's gone a few steps further then me and sent it back to C9. Mine may be following suit. Yeah it makes sense that the silica taste would be enhanced in such a good atty. The 2 things that really sung to me about the SQuape was the ability to use cotton and mesh. 2 of my most favoured wicking materials, I have such headache building genesis tanks and the SQuape was like a dream come true. Cotton is amazing but unfortunately due to the circumstances I am unable to try mesh which really blows! :(

Just got my squape today. Put the s deck in and now it won't budge. There has to be a trick. I haven't seen anything elsewhere with problems!

Back
Top Bottom