What's new

Some advice on what to buy

Yeah, my second has arrived, happy days!

@Rob what drip tip are you using, presumably the airflow with a V1?

I ordered a STR 10 with my first and a 15 with the second. The 10 is really, really tight and I have to use pliers to get it out, the 15 a little lose meaning it can spin without turning the airflow sometimes. They may both settle down of course.

I didn't go for the airflow tip as the V2 doesn't need it but closed off it may be easier to turn the airflow by the look of it. Otherwise I'm thinking a wide barrel when I order the steel tank (when they're back in stock).

I'm using the Airflow Tip on all of mine, purely because I like them. I don't use it for that which it was designed, preferring it shut off on the Tip.

Drop me your address in a PM and I'll send a couple of Tips that "might" be what you need (with regard to fit) to try out. :2thumbsup:

Which steel tank are you thinking? If it's The Calix Steel Tube, I can help.

Cheers

Rob

I wish I'd paid for the expedited shipping, as mine is currently described as -
2016-01-06 21:42 ITEMS IN PACKING
2016-01-06 07:54 ARRIVAL AT AIRPORT

Looks like next week for me now, goddam it!!!!

I didn't bother with their drip tip, as I don't like the extra airflow through them, ruins the flavour in my experience.

I'm using the Airflow Tip on all of mine, purely because I like them. I don't use it for that which it was designed, preferring it shut off on the Tip.

Drop me your address in a PM and I'll send a couple of Tips that "might" be what you need (with regard to fit) to try out. :2thumbsup:

Which steel tank are you thinking? If it's The Calix Steel Tube, I can help.

Cheers

Rob
Hi Rob, thanks I've sent a PM.

I wish I'd paid for the expedited shipping, as mine is currently described as -
2016-01-06 21:42 ITEMS IN PACKING
2016-01-06 07:54 ARRIVAL AT AIRPORT

Looks like next week for me now, goddam it!!!!

I didn't bother with their drip tip, as I don't like the extra airflow through them, ruins the flavour in my experience.
Oh dear, DHL was lightening quick both times, my take is that if you are going to spend a few € on a tank a few more to get it quickly is worth it.

It will be worth the wait though!

Oh dear, DHL was lightening quick both times, my take is that if you are going to spend a few € on a tank a few more to get it quickly is worth it.

It will be worth the wait though!

I know mate, I used the DHL option for my Heron V2 and it was here in a couple of days and I feel a bit annoyed with myself now.

What advantage does their drip tip give you, over one of my Garry Dibley's then, don't you lose some flavour with the airflow through it?

I know mate, I used the DHL option for my Heron V2 and it was here in a couple of days and I feel a bit annoyed with myself now.

What advantage does their drip tip give you, over one of my Garry Dibley's then, don't you lose some flavour with the airflow through it?
@Rob is best to answer that as I've only tried 2 Leo ones so far but will be trying others soon.

The main reason I went for the Leo ones is I thought they'd give the best fit for the juice control as you grip and twist them to do so, as well as for aesthetic reasons of course.

The STR 10 I found a little short meaning your lips can hit the top of the tank, it is very tight and difficult to remove as well but may loosen with use. I think it looks good on though as in my photo.

The STR 15 is a far better length but mine was a bit lose when I first put it in meaning it spun sometimes instead of turning the juice control, it does seem to be working better now.

Neither of these have airflow so it's just a case of what bore you like and comfort of use.

Being able to easily turn the juice control is important though and these are very smooth and slippery.

Well it turned up this very morning, so I threw a Kanthal build in there, coming in at a pretty high for me 0.94ohm.

I then assembled it and without taking proper note of Qorax's video, opened the juice control fully and lost a load of juice. After watching the video again, I turned it about 3/4 of the way and it's now vaping great and looks superb as well, with the Quartz tank.

I did manage to drop one of the screws, so I'll be spending about half an hour looking for the bloody thing.

It's gorgeous as well, with one of my GD's on top of it, well pleased.

Back
Top Bottom