What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

RIP Hana - fire fire

Leigh - After the hassles and poor service from Ecovapoteur I have already experienced I don't have much hope. Hana Modz are notoriously terrible for service, prefering to ignore problems than deal with them.

Not just them. Bit by bit the dickwad manufacturers and traders will find themselves isolated then broke.

But European law is on your side: UK European Consumer Centre - Home

^That is what I am still trying to grasp.
If the breaker that I posted can protect my meter then why can't it protect a DNA 30 chip. I think it comes down to cost. That breaker is part of my power probe. It is a automotive tool that reads voltage, ohms, and also sends voltage. So it can by used to power various electrical components. So basically it does the same thing as a mod and that breaker protects that chip very well. I know because I have arched that bitch out more times than I can count while testing starters and whatnot.
Hell! Maybe I should make that chip into a mod. Lmfao

your meter can take care of itself for awhile the breaker is a last resort
and in electrical terms a mechanical device takes an eternity (even 69mS in a RCD or RCBO) more than long enough to fook an I.C.

Ok so why don't we just inline fuse the fuckin things?
Surely a fuse will pop if the batt is connected backwards.

Ok so why don't we just inline fuse the fuckin things?
Surely a fuse will pop if the batt is connected backwards.

only effective reverse polarity device is a diode reversed across supply (DC)
the forward voltage drop on this will hamper efficiency.....a design choice by the manufacturers and an option on the sx350
were taking reverse here not short or overload

My brain is wired with cars in mind. Sorry hahaha. If you connect the battery in a car the wrong way it pops the main fuse because it causes a short just by being backwards. My assumption was that a mod could have a fuse that worked in the same way.

My brain is wired with cars in mind. Sorry hahaha. If you connect the battery in a car the wrong way it pops the main fuse because it causes a short just by being backwards. My assumption was that a mod could have a fuse that worked in the same way.

you're not entirely wrong just the timescale with these things is fuckin' miniscule

Same happened to mine Sam . Think I went below the .3 ohms limit some how . bit scary how it didn't give me a heads up tho when I hit the fire button . Anyway had it stripped out and ready to be carbon dipped . Might have to have a word with that pal of yours tho when it comes to fitting new chip as I'm dog shit with stuff like that

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Same happened to mine Sam . Think I went below the .3 ohms limit some how . bit scary how it didn't give me a heads up tho when I hit the fire button . Anyway had it stripped out and ready to be carbon dipped . Might have to have a word with that pal of yours tho when it comes to fitting new chip as I'm dog shit with stuff like that

Was it a real one too? Fucker ain't it?

cheers sparkyjuice really appreciate it mate :)

Was it a real one too? Fucker ain't it?

cheers sparkyjuice really appreciate it mate :)

Dog shit mate . I test-fired it and was fine . Put it to one side to to roll up some cotton and noticed what I thought was vapour still coming from it ...... That's when I smelt it !! I couldn't take the battery out quick enough

Back
Top Bottom