What's new

Posh RTA recommendation

Looks like a Calix could fit the bill then. A couple more questions and I'm dont/ I see there is the Calix V2 elegance (bare glass), caged (in cage) and P3 (????). I'm struggling to see the difference between the P3 and elegance on my crappy small work laptop, any advice?

Also my eye may have been attracted towards the Apollo RDA for an incoming squonker, anyone have any experience of these on BF duty?

Personally I don't think you can do any better than the Rose3, 5 months on since it came out and I've still not tried anything that has bested it. The new batch will be available very shortly so it may be worth hanging fire, I'd imagine they will be available again imminently.

I've never tried a Calix out though TBF, Kayfun5 is worth a look as is the Hussar
Am I right in thinking that the new Roses will be TPD compliant so 2ml tanks, which is quite restrictive?

Looks like a Calix could fit the bill then. A couple more questions and I'm dont/ I see there is the Calix V2 elegance (bare glass), caged (in cage) and P3 (????). I'm struggling to see the difference between the P3 and elegance on my crappy small work laptop, any advice?

Also my eye may have been attracted towards the Apollo RDA for an incoming squonker, anyone have any experience of these on BF duty?

The P3 is designed to work with the provari p3 connector on their mod so unless you have one don't go for that. I think @Rob uses his Apollo as BF, I have the Apollo xtr and it is a great flavour dripper but never tried in bf mode

Am I right in thinking that the new Roses will be TPD compliant so 2ml tanks, which is quite restrictive?

They will, unfortunately moving forward that is what you will need to get used to I'm afraid

Hi Ya @newbmark :)

Yes I have an Apollo set up on a squonker and it works perfectly FOR ME!! I emphasise this because in my limited experience of RDAs, it has been by far the most like my beloved Calixes when it comes to draw and flavour production. Now I MTL when using it and it works just fine for me, I have other RDAs (Bottom Fed) which produce flavour very well indeed, but are obviously aimed at the DLH vapers more than the MTL brigade.

The Apollo is by far the smoothest draw, which appeals to my tastes.;)

After about a year of Rob, kermit and spikey talking about the calix I finally took the plunge. Now I enjoyed the kayfun mini v3 clone so much I bought a genuine. Love it. I've two rose v3 clones that I also love but when I want to experience the best of the best I get the calix out. I also snagged the apollo and I don't think it's been beaten for mtl squonking and trust me I've really tried.

The P3 bit has been answered.

In relation to the different tanks available, unfortunately there is no longer a straight glass option, the elegance is plastic and I've had one crack due to not liking a particular juice but the poly tank is very good and this was no doubt the juices fault.

I like the cages as they have glass tanks and available spares and I now mostly use an all steel tank on my Nanos.

Very helpful thanks guys. As soon as I'm back from offshore I'll be placing an order for a Calix V2, long screws, spare plastic tank or two and that should be me good to go!

The Apollo can wait for the time being. Now to try and find a nice stabwood box to put it on top of, it's not going to look good on a 24 or 25mm mech tube and regulated wise the only options are a cuboid mini or a tint Elfin DNA200. This vaping lark is expensive...

^Calix V1 on a Mecha b0d Mod^

^Calix V1 on aldinbih Zivjer Mini^

^Calix V1 on Mor Crann^

^Calix Pico^ on Efusion DNA Duo

^Calix V2 with Cage Tank on Limelight Box Reborn^

Very helpful thanks guys. As soon as I'm back from offshore I'll be placing an order for a Calix V2, long screws, spare plastic tank or two and that should be me good to go!

The Apollo can wait for the time being. Now to try and find a nice stabwood box to put it on top of, it's not going to look good on a 24 or 25mm mech tube and regulated wise the only options are a cuboid mini or a tint Elfin DNA200. This vaping lark is expensive...
Have a look at the mods mvapes make. He has some lovely hand made walnut mods still available.

Back
Top Bottom