What's new

pisces t by j2p

Sourced some 10mm od 6mm id 2mm thick magnets
Disassembled switch and chucked up body in lathe got it running concentric and used a standard plain 10mm counterbore bit in tail stock to bore out spring clearance to 10mm depth about 3.9mm
Reassembled and cleaned up
Result same (if slightly smaller) switch throw and firmer switch action
Still smooth
Does not arse fire even in 18650 mode with kayfun light on top
Result !
May make up ptfe top insulator with threaded copper pin tomorrow

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

Sourced some 10mm od 6mm id 2mm thick magnets
Disassembled switch and chucked up body in lathe got it running concentric and used a standard plain 10mm counterbore bit in tail stock to bore out spring clearance to 10mm depth about 3.9mm
Reassembled and cleaned up
Result same (if slightly smaller) switch throw and firmer switch action
Still smooth
Does not arse fire even in 18650 mode with kayfun light on top
Result !
May make up ptfe top insulator with threaded copper pin tomorrow

I love that you've gone to all this effort, it's made me smile. Personally I have no problem with the switch as is - but that's not the point, the point is that I adore the fact that some people will tinker to try making something better.

Glad you've got it how you want it :)

I love that you've gone to all this effort, it's made me smile. Personally I have no problem with the switch as is - but that's not the point, the point is that I adore the fact that some people will tinker to try making something better.

Glad you've got it how you want it :)

I like the mod it's size and style reckon I can get this to punch way above its weight (which is bugger all)
Will keep you updated

I like the mod it's size and style reckon I can get this to punch way above its weight (which is bugger all)
Will keep you updated

I reckon the limit will be the size of the metal. Because it's so thin I'd have an educated guess that the internal resistance of the metal is the limiting factor - and the size of the pins. Which is why it's my coil pulsing mod of choice. I could be wrong and this could be cider logic :D

I reckon the limit will be the size of the metal. Because it's so thin I'd have an educated guess that the internal resistance of the metal is the limiting factor - and the size of the pins. Which is why it's my coil pulsing mod of choice. I could be wrong and this could be cider logic :D

Mostly it's the threads cos of the telescoping action tube mods sections butt together giving larger csa of conductor
But I have a cunning plan or two just for shits and giggles
Want to see my mates face when he compares it to his sic (launcher clone)
Don't want to change its appearance though

Last update... turned some ptfe for the top cap insulator and threaded 4mm
brass bolt fitted and polished result....adjustable 510 connector and
no more insulator falling out (and larger contact area)
Efest purple 18500 battery fitted and KFL tank on top.
This is my work top pocket mod now and is a real talking point.

Back
Top Bottom