What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Le Zephyr by Vaponaute

Just picked up my Le Zephyr -- my current vape arsenal are all mechs and I plan to use this with my Jumbo Jet, thought it'd pair up nicely.

A bit hesitant about how the ULTEM will hold up against my mod -- heard at the shop that this is an atty best used on regulated mods because the ULTEM can melt and if it does, well there goes £120. Also. saw that Leo is selling spare ULTEM chambers on the site -- so seems like melting could definitely be a possibility...

Are any of you using it on an unregulated mod or heard of the melting?
@jsixtysix says (earlier in this thread) that he has scorched his ultem section. You can get spares though.

There is no difference between using regulated or unregulated. If you have built your coil properly, and your coil is not touching the ultem, then it won't melt.

@jsixtysix says (earlier in this thread) that he has scorched his ultem section. You can get spares though.

There is no difference between using regulated or unregulated. If you have built your coil properly, and your coil is not touching the ultem, then it won't melt.

Thanks for this @jjde -- went through the thread before posting but missed @jsixtysix saying he scorched his.

Based on the conversation at the shop I was told that you do run a risk of melting the ultem when it's on an unregulated mod -- was advised to not build below a 0.8 on it and to go for wide builds to ensure the heat is distributed evenly over the insert -- no small coils that concentrate too much heat in one spot. Overall, the gist was that to get best performance from the Le Zephyr you need control over your watts.

Noticed that in Vaponaute's build tutorial Leo didn't build on one of their own mechs, but opted for a box... Found this odd as I made the purchase to pair with my Jumbo Jet thinking they would be optimal together :hmm:

Ah well -- been dragging my feet on getting a regulated mod, but might pick one up soon to get the most out of this little beaut...

I scorched it when I took the cap off clumsily and the ultem touched the coil - left a mark but that's all. I've been running a 3mm id 0.4ohm clapton in there lately [just to experiment] at about 34watts/3.7volts with the direct airflow and not had a problem with the heat. I use it on a mech too, occasionally. I've gotten the impression that as long as the ultem doesn't actually come into contact with the coil it holds up pretty well, but, as ever; your mileage may vary... Whenever I put it together I use the notch to turn the piece clockwise so I'm sure it's up against the negative screw and therefore in exactly the right place before using it.

Update: House of Vapes has officially sold out!
Did you get one in time?

If not, vaponaute's web page on le zephyr has a list of distributors. You could go through them one by one trying to find some stock. If this fails then unfortunately it's second hand (or them things that can not be mentioned here).

EDIT: Your first post says you got one. I need to read more carefully! Though this might be useful info for others I guess.

Did you get one in time?

If not, vaponaute's web page on le zephyr has a list of distributors. You could go through them one by one trying to find some stock. If this fails then unfortunately it's second hand (or them things that can not be mentioned here).

EDIT: Your first post says you got one. I need to read more carefully! Though this might be useful info for others I guess.

@jjde I did get one in time, picked one up soon after the release.

Didn't mean to confuse -- my last post was just a general update to the thread. I happened to be at House of Vapes when they sold their last one off, and to my knowledge they were the last vendor with original stock.

If that's the case all these guys are out in the world now!

Q. Translate this page? A. Yes

don felipe wrote:
Yesterday I found on the side of Vaponaute Paris an evaporator to the end of June to hit the market. Le Mirage he is, to be vertically predestined for Double Coil and directed, like its predecessor rather to the taste fetishists than Nebelwerfer* (I know that the one and the other does not necessarily rule, but sometimes less steam is a full taste I prefer , especially in public, where thick clouds are perceived by most fellow men as annoying). With specified 2,8ml the tank is rather small, but on the TPD2 specification.

After I got to know not the magister, but a lot of good things about it have read, and I really like the Le Zephyr, I'm looking forward to the new.
Experience shows that the products of Vaponaute in relatively small quantities are produced (this time probably 2,400 pieces) and not reissued. I'll probably buy one. If I do not like him, I can safely sell it still again. If it should, however, be a grenade, I think it would be a shame to get no more. Almost certainly it will not be a complete fiasco, it is rather the question of whether it is one or not.

* The Nebelwerfer ("Smoke Mortar") was a World War II weapon.

Google Translate = Marvellous

Anyway, it's out a week Monday, limited to 2400, priced 120 Euros.
Details on Vaponaute's site - http://vaponaute.com/en/aircrafts/43-le-mirage.html

le-mirage.jpg le-mirage (1).jpg le-mirage (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom