What's new

Heron V2 : Quick wick

Mark

Legend
OK so I don't own a V2 and have decided I won't own one either as I'm happy with the 1.5

However I saw this and wondered if it would help anyone

Thanks @Mark, will give it a go when I get a chance. He's hard to dislike, loved the bit where he says 'no gurgling, no flooding, no dry hits' [emoji1]

It works chaps, bit more fiddly to get the cap on over the wick, has to be right or you push the wick into the chamber but it's better than having the wick through the holes, will see if there is any movement in them as it will flood if there is but I think the 2nd piece of wick that's cut short will help keep it in place. Faintest hint of dryness at the end of a long draw has gone and the flavour is damn good. Using space jam solstice which is 70/30 and its wicking very well. Give it a go, I'd be interested in hearing what people think.

@ZT? worth a go?
@ZT doesn't like the draw, and I've tried wicking it in a similar fashion to that - works OK if you get the amount of cotton right on a Kanthal build but it's about as much use as tit's on a bull for TC builds. I'm using an internal vertical M shape wick for TC, on the 4th tank for this wick with no dry hits, flooding, gurgling or seeping - it also warms up the vape on TC by reducing the space in the chamber - I'm running at 370f on a Ti01 coil...

@ZT doesn't like the draw, and I've tried wicking it in a similar fashion to that - works OK if you get the amount of cotton right on a Kanthal build but it's about as much use as tit's on a bull for TC builds. I'm using an internal vertical M shape wick for TC, on the 4th tank for this wick with no dry hits, flooding, gurgling or seeping - it also warms up the vape on TC by reducing the space in the chamber - I'm running at 370f on a Ti01 coil...

So don't TC it?

cheers mark..will give also be giving this a go..when my current wick packs in...currently on tank 2 with cotton bacon cut pretty flush and a wee tiny gap hole...:)

Ive done away with it .. I managed to get it too wick ok

aint nothing gonna fix that draw though

Back
Top Bottom