What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

GP Paps v4?

So this happened. Less than 24 hours after cleaning it and less than one 25R through it.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1444762524.364126.jpg

It's a silver plated negative contact and the blackening (according to Vapourart) is from micro arcing.

I wasn't doing stupid sub ohming, just around the 0.5 mark. And there's no other marks on any threads or the positive contact.

I emailed Vapourart and they're sending me a new silver plated and a new brass contact gratis to resolve the issue.

Now that my good apes is Customer Service.

they are very good. I think I was the miscreant who caused the spheroid v4 510pin'gate issue although I maintain it was stripped pretty much before I got it. Anyway they sent me a whole replacement by UPS ON delivery on the understanding that I would send back the broken device (which I of course did and they refunded the cost!!). Anyway, fantastic CS from GP!!!

Somewhat surprised to receive 2 silver plated and 2 brass negative contacts in the post today.

Will pop a new silver plated one in when SWMBO goes to work and get my drip on :-)

Is the rice pin meant to keep falling out of the switch when you take it apart?

I be that @Mawsley will know....

Is the rice pin meant to keep falling out of the switch when you take it apart?

I be that @Mawsley will know....

No its not, I had the same thing happening to mine, when I cleaned it and put it back together it cause the button to stick, I took a couple of photos of the button and seperate pin and emailed them to VA, got a reply within a few mins and a new button in the post within in 24hrs. Thier CS is fantastic just dropt hem a mail.

No its not, I had the same thing happening to mine, when I cleaned it and put it back together it cause the button to stick, I took a couple of photos of the button and seperate pin and emailed them to VA, got a reply within a few mins and a new button in the post within in 24hrs. Thier CS is fantastic just dropt hem a mail.

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't sure if it was meant to be like that or not. Anyway, I've emailed them and they're sending a new button out.

The last time I had a problem with a negative contact, they sent me 4 - 2 brass and 2 silver plated.

Absolutely faultless customer service but at this rate, I'll have an entire new mod made out of replacement parts by Christmas lol

Back
Top Bottom