What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Gizmo is no muppet !

That nv tank has been dry hitting, the classic clearo burnt taste. Figured i'd just give it a dry burn & change the cotton.
Still in two minds about it & maybe it's not up the job with an 1500 battery, possibly better on those smaller devices.

Piece of cake to do the rewick so i'm gonna give it a day again & see where i land. Just thought i'd say in a kind of blog way.

That nv tank has been dry hitting, the classic clearo burnt taste. Figured i'd just give it a dry burn & change the cotton.
Still in two minds about it & maybe it's not up the job with an 1500 battery, possibly better on those smaller devices.

Piece of cake to do the rewick so i'm gonna give it a day again & see where i land. Just thought i'd say in a kind of blog way.

& further to that, the rewick sorted out the dry hit deal, original cotton was packed in too tight. Now it leaks through the 510 connector though.

& further to that, the rewick sorted out the dry hit deal, original cotton was packed in too tight. Now it leaks through the 510 connector though.

Having no problems with either of mine two days in, only thing I did do is I found it spit slightly so put a 0.5mm voodoo flavour wick in vaped nothing else since mine arrived, was all on VW device but even with fresh of the charge bats on Akuma this evening all good no dry hits and had zero leaks.

Last edited:
Having no problems with either of mine two days in, only thing I did do is I found it spit slightly so put a 0.5mm voodoo flavour wick in vaped nothing else since mine arrived, was all on VW device but even with fresh of the charge bats on Akuma this evening all good no dry hits and had zero leaks.

Mine played tricks with me, the original wick. I used it daily for 5 or 6 days & kept getting a cotton/dry taste but not every hit, it got more frequent as the days passed. In the end like all these things i attacked it & then hey presto but like i said before, it leaks through the 510 connector now. Seepage, i've had to remove it from the mod 3 times today & wipe dry everything & at one point my mod got hot in my pocket because of e liquid on the threads & pos' pin.

Mine played tricks with me, the original wick. I used it daily for 5 or 6 days & kept getting a cotton/dry taste but not every hit, it got more frequent as the days passed. In the end like all these things i attacked it & then hey presto but like i said before, it leaks through the 510 connector now. Seepage, i've had to remove it from the mod 3 times today & wipe dry everything & at one point my mod got hot in my pocket because of e liquid on the threads & pos' pin.

not good hope you get it sorted, will post back here if issues arise with mine.

not good hope you get it sorted, will post back here if issues arise with mine.

I'll be looking at a different atty i think. I'm not surprised by this & i arrived at rda's originally because clearo's let me down. That's one reason it took me so long to spend the money on this one despite its cheap price tag. In fairness though it might be the gizmo's 510 pin at fault, pushing too hard against the atty positive pin. That's not gonna happen on most other mechs.

I'll be looking at a different atty i think. I'm not surprised by this & i arrived at rda's originally because clearo's let me down. That's one reason it took me so long to spend the money on this one despite its cheap price tag. In fairness though it might be the gizmo's 510 pin at fault, pushing too hard against the atty positive pin. That's not gonna happen on most other mechs.

Had 2 mini NV's for 12 weeks, one for me and one for my wife. Both used constantly and never had any issues with either. They outperform anything I've had from innokin or Kanger on the leaky/dry hit front.
Maybe you just got a bad one?
I imagine that the manufacturing tolerances are quite wide on an item like this.

Hope you get it sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Had 2 mini NV's for 12 weeks, one for me and one for my wife. Both used constantly and never had any issues with either. They outperform anything I've had from innokin or Kanger on the leaky/dry hit front.
Maybe you just got a bad one?
I imagine that the manufacturing tolerances are quite wide on an item like this.

Hope you get it sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

As it goes i believe it was the mod at fault. It's the first mech i've had where the atty won't screw down flush to the 510 connector & it's because of a mental overlength positive pin. Anyway i've ground it down quite a bit & today the tank hasn't leaked so far. It must've been pushing up on the tanks 510 centre pin & somehow making a weep there.
All good now though, cheers.

Now doing a 24mm atty version : 24mm is the hole diameter for the atty to drop into :2thumbsup:

gizmo 24mm.jpggizmo 24mm 2.jpg

Not sure if posted in another thread but fuck it ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom