What's new

Evl Reaper...TDP announcement

Rickster

Veteran
Email received from John.....the owner

Now this is both sad and exciting in equal measure.

I have thought long and hard about the Uk's new TPD regulations and how I was going to react to it. I mullled over ignoring it or selling funny looking "flashlights". But the truth is that I am not willing to break the law. Vaping is to important and should not be put at risk by people ignoring what I hope will end up being sensible regulation.

So the sad bit: The Reaper with its larger tank is no longer TPD compliant and legally i am now not able to produce these. I apologise wholeheartedly to those on the list and hope you get a chance to grab one from this current batch.

The good bit: As this last batch was made prior to the law change i am still able to sell them.

Also as this law has forced the production to stop the actual number of these Reapers that have been produced is very small making them a truly rare atomiser.

I do not want this last batch to be a sad reminder of the restrictive new law but a reminder of what was available before such rules governed our atomisers.

With this in mind i have created a wonderful cornucopia of colours and patterns which are now available via my website:

http://www.evlvapors.co.uk/the-reaper

These include multi coloured one off anodised attys and ceramic coated atomisers and of course the lovely natural sheen of raw titanium.

If you are lucky enough to already own a Reaper do not worry i will continue to support you and your atomiser as i always have.

Many thanks for joining the list and i hope you manage to grab one before they sell out

I suppose you have to admire the brass neck and lack of balls. :clapping:

He, as I understand it is continuing to support his product, under TDP, also developing a new product, as a UK based atty maker of which there are not many left I am struggling to comprehend your comment.
May it be instead of going on a jolly to China, you look closer to home at product development... the costs and support provided.

I'm with @scrumpox. This is a ridiculously fake and pious statement:

But the truth is that I am not willing to break the law. Vaping is to important and should not be put at risk by people ignoring what I hope will end up being sensible regulation.

I can hear the stampede as the mugs rush out to buy his ridiculously overpriced creations.

I'm all for supporting British suppliers, but I'm not going to pay £140+ when I can get something just as good for £20 from China.

I dont mind paying if its good, and by all accounts it is. Make a 2ml version? Theres already a mini kit..

Yesterday I was thinking about how all the vape gear seems to come from China and why are there no uk manufacturers.
So it seems there are, but, the price tag is hefty.
I like hand made, engineered stuff . Does anyone in the know, know if these are 'hand made' here in the uk. Not sourced out to different companies and assembled.

If you got the doh. Whats the problem? Usually the people that aint are the ones shouting the loudest

Yesterday I was thinking about how all the vape gear seems to come from China and why are there no uk manufacturers.
So it seems there are, but, the price tag is hefty.
I like hand made, engineered stuff . Does anyone in the know, know if these are 'hand made' here in the uk. Not sourced out to different companies and assembled.

Here is a response to your question from Mr Evl.....

Over 50% of it is made within the uk normally down in Sussex. The rest is made in Europe.The glass is produced by a leading Uk laboratory glassware manufacturer so I can guarantee its purity and sterility.

Nothing I make comes or is sources from China. Even my o rings are made within Europe

Prices are higher as the cost of manufacturing and materials is higher but the ability to control manufacturing and the fact I know all the people who make my parts is the way I prefer to do business

Interesting a lot of the limited edition parts and all the prototypes are hand made. Also great deal of the smaller parts for the Reaper and TiRant (Dripper) are also hand turned.

Back
Top Bottom