What's new

DIY Donkey Kong Mod Stand

Audiopsyence

Achiever
Thought I'd document my attempt at a Donkey Kong Mod Stand for future generations ;)

It's the Happy Meal Kong toy that McDonalds are giving away.
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1397762001.039549.jpg

First step, remove the projector (barrel). This was much more difficult that I expected. Even though I managed to remove those tricky triangular screws nothing came apart so the dremmel came out. These things are NOT user serviceable :)
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1397762082.796083.jpgImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1397762115.653373.jpg

Looks really rough at the moment but tomorrow it'll be the sanding drum attachment. Quick check to see if a mod would fit though.
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1397762194.886828.jpg

Looks okay so far, I'll update as I go.

All the best
James

Haha I love it. Maybe fill the arm with some foam which it won't slip from, you know the shiny grippy type. I'll be making one of these too :)

Might have to pay for my nephew and nieces to go Maccys just so I can get one :)

Is the barrel more than 25mm? Id like to drill it out to fit a 22mm nemesis straight through the barrel :P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Haha I love it. Maybe fill the arm with some foam which it won't slip from, you know the shiny grippy type. I'll be making one of these too :)

The plan is to fill it using Sculpey (it hardens like plastic) and then cover the inside with brown felt (I have some with sticky on one side that is used for the bottom of chairs and ornaments to stop them scratching stuff). That's the plan anyways. We'll see how it goes. ;)

All the best
James

Might have to pay for my nephew and nieces to go Maccys just so I can get one :)

Is the barrel more than 25mm? Id like to drill it out to fit a 22mm nemesis straight through the barrel :P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

It's just over 26mm :)

All the best
James

Love it great idea................But I am now looking at my sons toys in a new light! He's going to hate me!

Haha. Cheers. I'm glad PotV don't have my address, I'd have hoards of angry kids at my door. ;)

I had a similar thought........especially as I'm going to blame you! So if in 15-20 years time a angry looking lad called Jamie shows up, I'm sorry!

I had a similar thought........especially as I'm going to blame you! So if in 15-20 years time a angry looking lad called Jamie shows up, I'm sorry!

Haha.

*buys advance ticket to Brazil in preparation*

The final straw will be when he sees your converted toy/mod stand on Antiques Roadshow and it's worth MILLIONS!

Back
Top Bottom