What's new

Biomech Mod & Atomic rda... A look at !

To quote Rip, "It hits harder with the silver contacts, not much harder, but it does" . Negligible would be my best guess.

May put it off until I find a side by side comparison with numbers. J like numbers.

Hmmm. Not quite selling it to me...

If I was doing that I'd have said get a Launcher V2 from FastTech :D

I find I don't have to clean silver contacts in the same way that copper needs attention. There is a performance improvement but you're talking F1 type performance improvements, something which might appeal to you and your madcap vaping - but to me at around an ohm it makes fuck all difference apart from differentiating the mods from the clones when it comes time to sell them...and I reckon I might in the future.

Out of everything I own, and I think ElsaBubs would agree, there's nothing to beat a Viggo and its silver-plated copper pins. And with the copper Viggo on the near horizon I might fund it by parting with the Black Hawk.

If I was doing that I'd have said get a Launcher V2 from FastTech :D

I find I don't have to clean silver contacts in the same way that copper needs attention. There is a performance improvement but you're talking F1 type performance improvements, something which might appeal to you and your madcap vaping - but to me at around an ohm it makes fuck all difference apart from differentiating the mods from the clones when it comes time to sell them...and I reckon I might in the future.

Out of everything I own, and I think ElsaBubs would agree, there's nothing to beat a Viggo and its silver-plated copper pins. And with the copper Viggo on the near horizon I might fund it by parting with the Black Hawk.

I must admit, I do keep looking at the viggo but I have promised myself that there will be no more big purchases until I've learned to drive..

May put it off until I find a side by side comparison with numbers. J like numbers.

From a test by Jkuro

VOLTAGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PLATED AND PLAIN CONTACT PINS
Control device used was a Brass Nemesis because of its consistent voltage readings. Everything was used in the same manner with the exception of the different top and bottom contact. The brass contact originated from a plated clone contact with the silver plating stripped off.
The Nemesis silver plated contact was used as the control voltage as that had the lowest voltage drop.

Low current test:
Silver Plated brass (control) - 0 volts
Brass +0.004
Copper 0
Clone silver plated brass +0.004

High Current Test:
Silver Plated Brass (control) 0 volts
Brass +0.006
Copper -0.001 (better than silver plated brass, but .001 could be human error
Clone Plated contacts +0.003

Mawsley i do agree. i have been using my 4nine a lot recently though i have to say, in 650 mode it is a real treat. my work vape as a battery can last the whole shift.

the viggo is bang on though.
Mawsley have you had any issues with your button falling apart?
mine only gets loose from time to time and then i tighten it and its good for a while.
jen has been having problems with hers though, seems to fall out loads!!!!!!!!!

@Mawsley i do agree. i have been using my 4nine a lot recently though i have to say, in 650 mode it is a real treat. my work vape as a battery can last the whole shift.

the viggo is bang on though.
@Mawsley have you had any issues with your button falling apart?
mine only gets loose from time to time and then i tighten it and its good for a while.
jen has been having problems with hers though, seems to fall out loads!!!!!!!!!

Yep. Same.

Compared to the GV clones it's nothing - see, there's a benefit from coming up through the ranks ;) :p

Reckon I'm going to dab a tiny bit of threadlock at the base of the copper insert to stop it from unscrewing which should sort it. Button aside it's become my go-to mod with the Origen and Powwow Sauce. I rarely use anything else unless I'm after a different flavour.

I have another interest, in synthesizers & something i learned i get reminded of with the voltage drop tests. This is not to dismiss it though.

With digital synthesizers & virtual analogue machines i can get all wrapped up in the phrases & numbers with the complex displays & menus, then after a while forget about the sound & the sonic creativity & the musical roots i was attracted to at the start. They are useful tools & should be used buy the user but not dictate to the user.
Same thing with voltage readings at the finer end of things. When i'm enjoying a full flavoursome vape there's no way i'm going to notice a .1 or .2v drop to the point where it realistically would effect my enjoyment. Like i said though, that's not to dismiss anything but more to bring it home to the bare bones of things, i'm not thinking maths when i'm sitting, feet up with coffee & vape. :alien:

Back
Top Bottom